I found a killer deal on it, it's an Ibanez S series of some kind but I can't tell which model or how old it is. The seller doesn't know much. At first I thought it might be just a basic S470 or 520, but I noticed it has a humbucker and 2 single coils. What do you guys think?

this is an s series, but an earlier model. when the s series started out, they had a h/s/s combination.
i cant really identify the model, looks like an ibanez s series around 1988-1995, but it looks like it has a zr tremolo, which came out in 2003. and i dont understand the inlay at the 22nd fret. either its a self made copy, or a signature.
Get it, no questions. Looks like a 540SLR, can't know for sure without the serial. But by god, get it, you won't be disappointed!

Quote by xtreme2ya
this is an s series, but an earlier model. when the s series started out, they had a h/s/s combination.
i cant really identify the model, looks like an ibanez s series around 1988-1995, but it looks like it has a zr tremolo, which came out in 2003. and i dont understand the inlay at the 22nd fret. either its a self made copy, or a signature.

It's not a ZR trem, it's a Lo-Pro Edge. And the inlay at the 22nd says Custom Made, Ibanez had that on many of their S guitars, it's not actually a custom.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Last edited by teamzaius at May 10, 2008,
Looks like a S540 to me, since its HSS with a trem. Could be a lo-pro?
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
or it could just be one of the lower end models that have that pickup configuration. someone correct me if im wrong though about the lower ends having that, cause i remember the GSA having that pickup configuration, but it doesnt have a floyd. How much is it going for?
KsE

You know they rock.
The seller said it's worth $700, and it's going for $350. She did say it was custom made, but usually that just means it's a regular mass-produced model with the word 'custom' in the name. Maybe it's legit, though. I'm going to go play it later, I'll try to get some good pics while I'm there. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the help