awesome, it'll help you soooo much in understanding theory - and most importantly song-writing and creativity.

I dunno much about online resources but I recommend any old book that has beginner stuff(humbling stuff like camptown races and such) and use them to learn proper technique and sight-reading. Cuz the simpler the song, the more you can concentrate on technique.

The proper classical technique I think is crucial. Learning how to use my hand muscles to produce different kinds of attack has really made me progress at a fast level. I think for this a good teacher is key. But for now, I'd look up some stuff on hand technique alone and start playing camptown races.

hope it helped a little.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
www.pianofiles.com should have all the songs you want to learn.

I suggest getting a teacher to get correct technique
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
When I started playing, I brought a book called "Complete learn to play: keyboard" it's helped me learn alot about theory. Another thing I use is my keyboard, assuming you are learning to play with a keyboard not a $15,000 grand piano. My keyboard is a Yamaha PSR-E403 so I just transfer songs from guitar-pro to the keyboard (not directly) and it shows me how to play it. I also go to my school music teacher and ask questions. I don't learn music in school but I go to him during breaks. I've learnt Fur Elise and Canon in D using my keyboard and learnt alot of theory from the book and my teacher. I believe in terms of playing keyboard the right type of keyboard and teacher is essential to learning any type of music. Understand what I'm trying to say?
Quote by Ænimus Prime
www.pianofiles.com should have all the songs you want to learn.

I suggest getting a teacher to get correct technique

+10000
You'll learn so much more in less time if you take lessons. Not only that, but you can build up all kinds of bad habits without realizing it and a teacher will spot them and have you correct them before they become problems.