Right, so when I play something like: 0-0-0-0-2 (just an example), I always end up hammering on before playing the note (2). I've tryed to play both at the same time, but it doesn't work.

Any help or tips?
Sounds like you're fretting too hard. Loosen up the left hand and don't apply too much pressure when fretting or it'll slow you down
Quote by smb
Sounds like you're fretting too hard. Loosen up the left hand and don't apply too much pressure when fretting or it'll slow you down

Whenever I try and loosen up, I get a ridiculous amount of fret buzz.

I've considered getting a fretless with markings on it, you reckon it'll help?
I might be stating the obvious here, But it sounds like your putting your fretting finger down too soon. It might Be a matter of keeping better timing on your right hand.

What else it could be, is your left hand muting. You could kind of stop the string just as soon as your about to play the next note.
Quote by jimRH7
I might be stating the obvious here, But it sounds like your putting your fretting finger down too soon. It might Be a matter of keeping better timing on your right hand.

What else it could be, is your left hand muting. You could kind of stop the string just as soon as your about to play the next note.

I'll try muting, but it's not me me fretting too soon, cause even when I do it at the same time, it still sounds like two notes being played in quick succession

What about my fretless idea?
The fretless idea won't work, not with improper technique. That's basically what you're supposed to do, fret the note and pluck it at the same time. Really, you fret the note a split second before you pluck it. It just takes practice, you'll get it. If you're doing it at the same time and still hearing two notes, then you're not doing it at the same time.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by t3hrav3n
The fretless idea won't work, not with improper technique. That's basically what you're supposed to do, fret the note and pluck it at the same time. Really, you fret the note a split second before you pluck it. It just takes practice, you'll get it. If you're doing it at the same time and still hearing two notes, then you're not doing it at the same time.

Thanks a lot
If you want a great song to practice the proper playing, try Police Truck by the Dead Kennedys. This problem should go away if you practice not doing it. Play stuff slower so this doesn't happen. Then speed it up.