a couple years ago i bought an epi les paul... well now its safe to say its pretty much out of commission, i was pretty hard on it and now the truss rod is broken... well anyways, i had put strap locks on it and used the whole elmers glue and tooth pick method and it held up ridiculously well, but i was wondering if that same method would work with wood glue instead of elmers because I wanna put them on my explorer that I have and all I have lying around is wood glue
i play drums and guitar :
i use PVA glue and a matchstick if strap buttons come loose
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
to be honest with you, you dont' even really need glue. i have a strat that i stuck just the tooth pick in and it has held up for 3 years. but wood gule would work just fine, just take a little longer to dry
I don't follow how a matchstick or toothpick is helping hold the strap on.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I don't follow how a matchstick or toothpick is helping hold the strap on.

if a screw works itsself loose, you can lug the hole up with a match or a toothpick and itll get a better grip
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if a screw works itsself loose, you can lug the hole up with a match or a toothpick and itll get a better grip

I see.
I just put the little red grommets from Grolsch bottles on the strap and it takes care of it.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I see.
I just put the little red grommets from Grolsch bottles on the strap and it takes care of it.

very creative i must say, although i haven't any grolsch bottles sitting around...i haven't had grolsch in years....
i play drums and guitar :