That title is pretty confusing, but that's what it is haha.

Anyway, hi UG.

I currently own an Ibanez Sz520FM, which I hate, and I'm looking to sell it to contribute towards funding a new axe

But before we get started, I dislike the guitar because of the way it plays, not for the sound (It's fitted with DiMarzio Evo's), it actually sounds really good, is the only reason I'm sad to see it go, that and the fact it looks awesome .

Anyway, I really dislike the frets (too small believe it or not ), the action, the size of the neck in general, the upper fret acces, I don't know what you call it but I hate the length of the strings, like it's hard to explain but it's a really awkward guitar to play, if you're playing around the 15 frets, your right hand is really close to your left... Theres not much space to pick basically.

I don't have this problem with others guitars, I've owned a few RG's and currently own a Jackson DK2M which is in pieces for the moment:P
And the necks are a bit easier going on those.

So anyway, my mate owns a guitar shop and he said he'll stick it in the shop for me, reckons the way to go is put the stock pickups back in and try get around £200 UK for it.

So, I'm looking for a new guitar

I play alot of music, but mainly metal, rock and blues (how origional) lol.
I play in a metal band, so needs to excel in that area,
I play at a blues club twice a week, so again needs to do the job.
And who doesn't enjoy playing rock

I was looking at some Schecter guitars, they seem really good for the money, however I'd have to buy before trying, as all the sound controls are closing down! haha, so I'd have to ship from US or wherever.
Only thing is I'm really not 100% convinced. I've watched videos on youtube and they all seem to have a really distinct, generic sound, which isn't good.

Also, I've played a Hellraiser Tempest before and realllly hated it. it felt really plastic-y and cheap, and sounded not much better.
But I wonder if the normal Hellraisers would be better? Especially the new '08 models with coil tap? And I feel I must mention, they look totally cheap as well with that nasty binding.

I've also been looking at the C-1 for a long time, but again I'm not totally convinced from what I've saw on youtube and whatnot.

However, I'm totally open to opinions, on any guitars.
I have a budget of around £600 Uk, don't know what that works out in US dollar?

All suggestions appreciated, thanks again UG!

Ps. Sorry for writting a total book about it.
I played one of the C-1s which had a coil tap (but it didn't have EMGS) just today.
I thought it played really nicely and sounded great on top of that.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
My C7 Hellraiser has served me faithfully in both rock, blues, funk, and of course all kinds of metal faithfully for 1½ years.

I get an extremely warm tone out of it, great for blues

I know it's 7string, but the more the better right?

Also, it has coil tap for even more versatility.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at May 10, 2008,
Ah, and you don't think it feels like, cheap to play no?
Maybe it was just the tempest I happened to pick up, was a horrible guitar though.

So you're both in favour of Schecter?:P
D'you think I'm safe to order one without trying though?
i mean is it a love hate thing or are they genuinly good guitars?
i personally am a fan of shecter's but i will say this with the current shape of sound control where is the only place to get them in the UK (im jus guessing your from the UK). my advice is to go there and play a whole load and the ones you like the most and walk away with it instead of ordering off the net unless its something so high grade like a GMW (i do see your a BLS fan)

jus do what feels right for you, and try as many guitars as possible and jus find the one that fits

gd luck
'The Reaper'

SDMF
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by sdmf.1919
Ah, and you don't think it feels like, cheap to play no?
Maybe it was just the tempest I happened to pick up, was a horrible guitar though.

So you're both in favour of Schecter?:P
D'you think I'm safe to order one without trying though?
i mean is it a love hate thing or are they genuinly good guitars?

I think it was the tempest that did it. The C series is absolutely a whole other league than Schecters other stuff. Their best guitar series hands down.

And I NEVER recommend a buy before try. My C7 just shouted at me when I walked into the store and jumped into my arms, and love was born

And yes, they are quality guitars, but as with everything here in life it's a matter of opinion.

I highly recommend the C7 Hellraiser, best guitar I've ever played (and I've played many)

But as reaper said, try as many as you can, and buy the one that feels right for YOU.
Sorry, I don't understand what GMW means?

No basically Sound control is finished from what I can see.
They've closed down 10 stores here already,
I spoke to him today and he said they've getting nothing new in at all, no guitars, no amps, no strings, no picks, no nothing:P
So they're limited of Schecter/anything else they have in stock.

And, they have none of the guitars I was looking at, which is unfortunate haha.

Is why I am here, and not there
Quote by Våd Hamster
I think it was the tempest that did it. The C series is absolutely a whole other league than Schecters other stuff. Their best guitar series hands down.

And I NEVER recommend a buy before try. My C7 just shouted at me when I walked into the store and jumped into my arms, and love was born

And yes, they are quality guitars, but as with everything here in life it's a matter of opinion.

I highly recommend the C7 Hellraiser, best guitar I've ever played (and I've played many)

But as reaper said, try as many as you can, and buy the one that feels right for YOU.

Well, I would never use a 7th string I don't think, I don't think it would be worth having it :P
Bah, try something new for a change!

C1 Hellraiser or classic would suit you methinks.
Hmm, cool man I'll look into it, thanks bud (Y)

Anyway got any other suggestions?
Doesn't particularly have to be schecter, just looking for a decent guitar.
Well, jst thought I'd give this a bump, as it seems to have died, and I'm no closer to owning a new guitar:p