hey whats the complaint on these
i'm looking for a 2 channel, good cleans, low to heavey od, (blues to metal, metallica, megdeth like stuff) effects loop
all that
i've heard some people think its too modern voiced?
voice you're opinion on the 900
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
if you play modern music I don't think it can be too modern voiced... but I'm wondering same stuff I'm thinking about a jcm900 too
yeah i'm looking for premium versatility
i would go for a 2 channel 800 but i play at least 50 % time cleans
so i need an amp that is somewhat meant to do cleans
don't get me wrong the 800 was awesome, but i just don't think its really even meant to be a clean amp
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The JCM900 4100 is one of my favorite amps. It's great for anything modern, except of course that br00tal metal stuff.

Other than that, it's great.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
The JCM900 4100 is one of my favorite amps. It's great for anything modern, except of course that br00tal metal stuff.

Other than that, it's great.

what about like old classic rock (zeppelin acdc)
and like blues, like david gilmour of pink floyd, hendrix, clapton stuff like that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
When I lived in L.A. in the late '80s, I knew a recording engineer who had a JCM900 combo that was modified by Bogner. It was used to record Alice In Chains' "Facelift" album. For real. With its mods, it was high gain all the way and could do brootal stuff with ease. Listen to that album and you're hearing Jerry play through that amp.

I'd get a JCM900 myself just for the chance at getting it similarly modded in the future.
Last edited by carpepax at May 10, 2008,
Like Carpepax said, Stock JCM900s wont do the brootal metal thing, but a modded one surely will.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
well is brootal like idk
that much od?
i'm looking at the most being like slayer levels
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
By brootal I meant like, Bogner Uberschall or VHT Pitbull

Kerry King [Slayer] used a JCM800 with a separate EQ.

A JCM900 will do it my friend.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
haha Open Fire was actually pretty good.
I enjoyed the music. Reminds me of Every Time I Die.

I just bought a JCM900 4500 and I love the tone so far.
The cleans are superb.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
haha Open Fire was actually pretty good.
I enjoyed the music. Reminds me of Every Time I Die.

I just bought a JCM900 4500 and I love the tone so far.
The cleans are superb.

Open Fire is back together.

Where are you from? You're the only other person on here that has heard of Open Fire.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
acdclandon, enjoy the 900 as it is a great amp; and as others have said, the clean is one of the best Marshall offers...not that Marshall is known for great cleans!
Are JCM 900 combos good? There's a few on my local craigs list for $500-600.

I was hoping for something that (with the EQ, reverb, and OD) can handle classic rock, modern rock, and metal/thrash.
so it seems it will do the high gain i'm looking at
but what about like blues and classic rock levels?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE