Okay, so i just got my peavey valveking 112 today from musicansfriend.com. I opened it, used the standby switch and turned it on. I messed around with it for about 20 minutes, but then had to leave to go somewhere. I used the standby switch again and shut it off properly. Then i saw the power strip i had asked my dad for on the bed, so i plugged the valveking into that and the strip into the wall and made sure it was off.

About 15 minutes later i came back, turned the powerstrip on, and turned the amp on properly, and began to play. However, i noticed it didn't seem so loud, but then suddenly the normal volume came and i continud to play. Then the amp became quieter again and i tried to check all of the knobs and stuff, but nothing seemed to work. Then all of a sudden, it just shot down. i checked the standby and power switches, but nothing happened. I tried plugging the amp directly into the wall, but it still would not turn on. Its been like this for about 2 1/2 hours now and i don't kow what to do. Il probably end up calling Peavey, but i wanted to ask UG in case its something I can do myself.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Sounds like you've got a power tube that's about to die, dunno if it's just a bad one or what... Either way, it gives you a chance to swap out the crappy ones for some nice JJ's or something.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Sounds like you've got a power tube that's about to die, dunno if it's just a bad one or what... Either way, it gives you a chance to swap out the crappy ones for some nice JJ's or something.

so would a dead power tube stop the whole amp's ability to turn on? cuz the little light won't turn either
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Quote by cap'n curry
so would a dead power tube stop the whole amp's ability to turn on? cuz the little light won't turn either

If the tube blew, the fuse probably blew also.
Quote by Geartrigger
If the tube blew, the fuse probably blew also.

Is there anyway I can replace the fuse myself at a cheap price, of would it b better if I just send it in
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
You can just take the fuse out and put another one in, no need to send it in. Just buy the same kind.
This power strip..Did you have other stuff plugged into it? What was the purpose of using the power strip?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
This power strip..Did you have other stuff plugged into it? What was the purpose of using the power strip?

I'd think so, otherwise it would serve no purpose. Still, my band's run my 30W amp, my bassist's 120W amp, and my other guitarist's 100W amp and ME-50, all off one power strip. I've never had any problems running amps off power strips.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I'd think so, otherwise it would serve no purpose. Still, my band's run my 30W amp, my bassist's 120W amp, and my other guitarist's 100W amp and ME-50, all off one power strip. I've never had any problems running amps off power strips.

That's not what I was aiming at..I was thinking more about Earth Leakage or Circuit Breakers..
Plug it into another power supply first if that doesnt fix it return it and get a new one. Why sweat it if you have a return policy...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 10, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Plug it into another power supply first if that doesnt fix it return it and get a new know. Why sweat it if you have a return policy...

QFT
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bartdevil_metal

yeah, i did, but it was alos just for protection in case of a power surge. but i did have other things in it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Last edited by cap'n curry at May 10, 2008,