Alright, whenever I play pretty much anything on the first four or five frets of my RG2EX2, it sounds like my strings are terribly out of tune. What would remedy this?

If I have to adjust my truss rod, which way would I need to turn it?
All your base are belong to us.
you might have to adjust your rod. hee hee
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It's in standard tuning, fixed bridge, .11s. Every other fret sounds fine except for those first few. The strings are a couple weeks old, very light wear.
when you say standard, i'm guessing you mean EADGBe, which might be the problem. 11s are too heavy for that tuning. put it in standard D and try it, or change the strings for lighter ones
Plug in to a tuner. Play the natural harmonic at the 12th fret. Then play the note at the 12th fret. If the fretted note is sharp, move your saddle away from the neck. Flat, towards the neck. You'll need a screwdriver for that, you should see the set screw on the saddle. Do that until the harmonic and the fretted note match.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by TeraBite
when you say standard, i'm guessing you mean EADGBe, which might be the problem. 11s are too heavy for that tuning. put it in standard D and try it, or change the strings for lighter ones

Naw, I've used .11's in standard before. It's not too heavy at all.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The harmonic and the fretted note match as it is, I didn't have to change anything.
Quote by TeraBite

I use 11's on a 26.5" scale, not that heavy at all
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
The harmonic and the fretted note match as it is, I didn't have to change anything.

Not even a little bit off? That's kinda funny, then I had a similar problem this afternoon with a E string dropped to D.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856997

I had the saddle lengths set perfectly with the harmonic and the fretted note, yet the actual intonation on that one string was all over the place. With two separate guitars. It was weird and I'm still stumped by it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well if they are still off, move your saddle to find what sounds right...like BaffAttack suggested.