Page 1 of 4
What do you think is the most epic song?

for me its Civil War by GNR
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Any song by Search Bar

/dick
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I Lyke Dragon Force - "through The Fire And Flames" Omg They R So Gewd!
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
The Divine Wings of Tragedy or The Odyssey , by Symphony X
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by Just Andrew
Any song by Search Bar

/dick

suck out , go get some manners you rude idiot.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

S-s-s-s-s-stairway!

It had to be said. No lie I think it's pretty epic.

/flameshield.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Civil War.. Good choice. Thats my favourite GnR Song
The Other, Other, Other North Devon Rock Band
Quote by ChillofWinter
suck out , go get some manners you rude idiot.
Lol.

I noticed some contradictions there, so before I point them out, I'll let you figure them out so you can learn in the future. Also, I'm aware that I was being a dick, because this thread has been done before, many a times. Changing "epic" from "awesome" or "great" doesn't mean the idea is different.

But since I don't want to be a sour puss, I'll just say "When The Music's Over" - The Doors.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
All of the album 'Hlidskjalf' by Burzum. Its not like his black metal albums, its an ambient synth sounding album he made, while in jail. The songs have lyrics and tell a story, but on the actual songs the lyrics arent heard. The lyrics can be found on www.burzum.org
Its a great album to listen to when your stoned.
Quote by Just Andrew
Changing "epic" from "awesome" or "great" doesn't mean the idea is different.

That's only because this is UG. I seriously loathe how users around here use 'win', 'fail' and 'epic', crapping all over the actual definitions. (I am aware that this current usage has probably trickled down from /b/, but how is that supposed to make it any better?).

See, if people knew what words meant then an 'epic song' would not necessarily be an awesome or great song.
Quote by Just Andrew
Lol.

I noticed some contradictions there, so before I point them out, I'll let you figure them out so you can learn in the future. Also, I'm aware that I was being a dick, because this thread has been done before, many a times. Changing "epic" from "awesome" or "great" doesn't mean the idea is different.

But since I don't want to be a sour puss, I'll just say "When The Music's Over" - The Doors.

epic has an entirely different definition to "awsome" or "great" i thaught this was about songs that represent an epic feel , in the same sense as their are peices of "Epic Poetry" (such as the Iliad and Odyssey by Homer)

EDIT: nice one to the guy before me who also actually values the correct usage of words , and not this basterdisation of the English language.
- Socrates

Taken by Vultures by HORSE the Band
"Slaves masturbate to a single note"
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Pikka Bird
That's only because this is UG. I seriously loathe how users around here use 'win', 'fail' and 'epic', crapping all over the actual definitions. (I am aware that this current usage has probably trickled down from /b/, but how is that supposed to make it any better?).

See, if people knew what words meant then an 'epic song' would not necessarily be an awesome or great song.
Not necessarily, but if I've seen a trend in poetry, a lot of the epic poems tend to be more of the famous ones. I guess the connection of being famous and good are also tied to one even though they also have no relation to each other....

Hmmm, I don't like where this is going, plus, I feel some people want to continue this thread....

EDIT: Yes, I'm totally aware "good" and "awesome" don't mean the same as "epic", but as stated in the above quote, somehow(though the pit, and other forms of media/entertainment), "epic" now has a relation to being really good, despite how the actual definition and meaning have no relation to each other....
Quote by Teh Forest King
I agree with 2112. The mood cresendoes and decresendoes until the exploding point, lifeson's best solo. Best 20 minute song ever :P
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

or

Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by ChillofWinter
epic has an entirely different definition to "awsome" or "great" i thaught this was about songs that represent an epic feel , in the same sense as their are peices of "Epic Poetry" (such as the Iliad and Odyssey by Homer)

EDIT: nice one to the guy before me who also actually values the correct usage of words , and not this basterdisation of the English language.

A solid statement, which is probably the most correct one.

Epic

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt3jEZJcMpo - Rhapsody
Quote by guitarhero_764
Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home

Anyone who disagrees will be shot

I very strongly disagree.
Buckethead - Soothsayer
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Queen - The Prophet
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 4