yes i'm not looking to mod my wah on my own, i know most mods are easy, but:
1. i'm too lazy
2. i'm not too good at customization like things, and i'm not looking to completely ruin my wah either
now i love the wah as it is (btw it is a gcb-95 wah, the original i believe)
but i'd love it even more if
1. it had true bypass
2. had some better components in it
3. maybe a wider sweep range
i know the classic crybaby gets a bad reputation, but i've already replaced 5 different pedals on my board, and i'm not looking to get a new one
and it also seems theirs no winning in buying a completely new wah, i'm looking for something that could handle clean and distorted sounds easily, most wahs are one or the other
so if you're a modder and looking to mod a wah for money post, or if you know where or who will than also post.
any suggestions welcomed
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at May 10, 2008,
eh i doubt that would work well
i bet it would just make you're sound very fissy
again i'm interested in getting a wah, by mod, or buying a new one, that will handle clean and high gain stuff pretty well
i'm not looking for a masterful wah
again i am pretty satisfied with the crybaby i have now so i'm not that obsessed over quality
but i would like to get it modded to at least true bypass, and some of the other things too
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
eh i doubt that would work well
i bet it would just make you're sound very fissy
again i'm interested in getting a wah, by mod, or buying a new one, that will handle clean and high gain stuff pretty well
i'm not looking for a masterful wah
again i am pretty satisfied with the crybaby i have now so i'm not that obsessed over quality
but i would like to get it modded to at least true bypass, and some of the other things too

It doesnt make your sound fissy I use one and love it
Last edited by therealtater at May 11, 2008,
True bypass is pretty simple and gets rid of the buffer at the same time. Dont know how you could give it more sweep the peddle will only rock so far.
I've just done a mod on my Cry Baby, same model, I changed the 1.5k resister to the left of the furthest right capacitor with a 2.2k (sounds complicated but there are some pics or links to pics on the official wah moding thread which show this clearer). It was easy to do.

It boosts the mid tones which the Cry Baby lacks. giving it a more gradual sweep, the very high end still has its sharpness which is good for pick scrapes (Voodoo Chile style). Really good mod, made a big difference.
Quote by Dan_J
I've just done a mod on my Cry Baby, same model, I changed the 1.5k resister to the left of the furthest right capacitor with a 2.2k (sounds complicated but there are some pics or links to pics on the official wah moding thread which show this clearer). It was easy to do.

It boosts the mid tones which the Cry Baby lacks. giving it a more gradual sweep, the very high end still has its sharpness which is good for pick scrapes (Voodoo Chile style). Really good mod, made a big difference.

I am hoping to do this mod as well, but I have the Rev E gcb pedal so its a different layout.

Any chance you can label the 1.5k resistor? Im having trouble understanding which one this is.
cant believe no one has mentioned this:

FASEL INDUCTOR!!!!

the best $20 u will ever spend on a wah!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
cant believe no one has mentioned this:

FASEL INDUCTOR!!!!

the best $20 u will ever spend on a wah!!!

what does that do?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yeah man, i say mod it! you can make VERY nice sounding things, and only you can produce it! good luck!
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...