Hi, my apologies if this thread has come up time and time again, just one quick noob question I swear

I have been using a Roland Microcube with my Epi Les Paul Standard for a few months now and it's great....but I need something a bit louder.

I have been looking at 30w amps (mind I am on budget of around £150/$300 max) and was torn between a Marshall MG30DFX (which I am getting a mixed response from various people), a Line6 Spider III, and a Roland 30X...

Can anyone recommend one over the other (or perhaps something different)? It's really doing my nut in trying to decide.

If it helps it needs to be somewhat versitile in what it can do, I like playing a bit of Cream, Guns N' Roses, Metallica and sometimes a bit of Bullet for my Valentine when I am feeling a bit "AHHHHH!?

Help would be just appreciated!

MG30DFX: http://www.dvguitars.com/invt/9131/
Spider III: http://www.dvguitars.com/invt/36487/
Cube 30X: http://www.dvguitars.com/invt/37587/
I am....making progress...
w/e ever you do dont marshall mg, almost all the marsahall solidstates are crap, check out the vox valvetronix amps they are kick ass for the price
Not the Spider, and not the MG. Go for the Valvetronix.. i'm in the process of getting rid of my Spider, trust me, you dont want it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
The Roland Cube 30X is an above average solid state amp. Definately smokes the Spider and Marshall MG
have you thought about the epiphone valve jr. or blackheart amps, both can get pretty loud and plus they are all tube with a nice sound they both are in deffinetly in ur price range
You know in my opinion, the line 6 is your best choice. Dont fallin into the line 6 hate wagon especially if you've never played on one. Theyre awesome in my opinion for the price. Since you got the les paul and not a strat, it will sound pretty good all around, and with the humbuckers it will sound great on the metal channel. And if youre considering its 30 watt version, ill sell you the 75 watt with more features on it for 225 USD (12 amp models instead of 4, 400 built in presets so you dont spend forever trying to get the right tone) and lastly, people, please dont flame me. I know line 6 isn't a mesa boogie.

Also I'm not trying to get rid of my line 6 because i hate it. Its cuz i want the spider jam, but thats 450 USD so im saving up
Quote by Line6Schecter
You know in my opinion, the line 6 is your best choice. Dont fallin into the line 6 hate wagon especially if you've never played on one. Theyre awesome in my opinion for the price. Since you got the les paul and not a strat, it will sound pretty good all around, and with the humbuckers it will sound great on the metal channel. And if youre considering its 30 watt version, ill sell you the 75 watt with more features on it for 225 USD (12 amp models instead of 4, 400 built in presets so you dont spend forever trying to get the right tone) and lastly, people, please dont flame me. I know line 6 isn't a mesa boogie.

Also I'm not trying to get rid of my line 6 because i hate it. Its cuz i want the spider jam, but thats 450 USD so im saving up

The Line 6 is a terrible amp. It's a complete waste of money. I'm not flaming you, just your choice of an amp. There are MUCH better choices out there for the money.
hey im just saying a low gain amp isnt the best for bfmv, and a highgain one isnt the best for cream. have you even played it? and with humbuckers its great, with active pickups tho its really damn good. i AM getting a mesa once i get the money and once i need it. but i dont think i need a guitar rig in my bedroom.
Quote by Line6Schecter
hey im just saying a low gain amp isnt the best for bfmv, and a highgain one isnt the best for cream. have you even played it? and with humbuckers its great, with active pickups tho its really damn good. i AM getting a mesa once i get the money and once i need it. but i dont think i need a guitar rig in my bedroom.

The Cube is neither high gain or low gain, it's both. Just like the Valvetronix and the Spider. Both the Valvetronix and the Cube are better than the Spider.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
alright to end this discussion, go to guitarcenter or w/e u want and try each one out then buy it if you want it
Quote by Line6Schecter
btw nice guitar theEsupremacy i got the 2007 schecter c-1 hellraiser

Mine too. It's black and it's first birthday (according to the date code on the neck) is next week. I'm getting it some new strings and a pack of smokes.