I need a pair of handphones to listen to with my iPod. I've been using the earbuds that come with it and I think they are absolutely terrible. I gathered up some money from my birthday and I'm not sure what to get. So far I like the Grado SR60. Suggestions?

edit: typo headphones**
Last edited by toha33 at May 10, 2008,
handphones? wtf?!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

well, i find that handphones are generally over-rated. i personally would go for the headphones rather than pay twice the money for handphones.
Wait, under $100?

Can't you pick some up for like, at the most, $49.99?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Skullcandy's are pretty good from what i've heard, and not to expensive.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Just Andrew
Wait, under $100?

Can't you pick some up for like, at the most, $49.99?

Well, there are some Bose headphones that cost well over $100, and there are other brands that also make headphones that cost a lot more than $100 too. But you do get what you pay for; the sound quality is superb, and extremely clear, both in the lows and the highs.
Those Grados are probably the best value...just be sure you don't wear them in public...being open-ended, anyone will hear your music clearly. AKG and Sennheiser make good headphones in that range as well that are more closed off so you can listen in public...headphone.com is a good site with many reviews. I personally love my AKG K301Xtras.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Just go straight for Sennheisers. Don't buy their cheapest models though because they're not all that great.
Quote by FireandFlames

Go for the HD215 headphones.

My first proper pair of headphones. Lovely. ****ing huge though so might not be practical out and about.
Quote by DanRev

My first proper pair of headphones. Lovely. ****ing huge though so might not be practical out and about.

Yeah, they're big, but my friend who has them doesn't seem to mind. They're great headphones, and sound surprisingly well for the price.

edit: TS go for the Sennheisers. Seriously, you won't regret it.
just go to Target and get some 20 dollar headphones.. it's not a very tough decision
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
thanks for the replies guys. I've been pretty set on getting the Grados but then I found out that they're really loud in public; being open-ended as Fast Fingers mentioned. I've narrowed it down to these 3, I'd like it to be this size if anyone has anymore suggestions: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/sony-mdr-v300/4505-7877_7-6900052.html?tag=prod.txt.5

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/akg-k-26-p.php

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/beyerdynamic-dt-231.php

The AKG K 26 P seems to be the best bet.
^ The AKG K26Ps are awful.

Go to www.head-fi.org if you want some proper advice.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I know many will disagree but I believe most sennheisers are overpriced for what they are.
You pay quite a bit for their name, but that is not to say they are of poor quality because sennheiser do make great headphones too, I own a few pairs myself it's just that you can get a bit more for the same price from other brands.

I recommend a pair of audio technica ATH-CM7, but it also depends on what type of music you listen to.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...