We didn't expect it at all because we're prog metal, but the crowd went nuts and it felt amazing. People started moshing and (since it'a school sponsored event) the principal tried to break it up.

My good friend who was with another band that played "Dude, if you guys didn't win I think people would have rioted."

It felt amazing, when they were like "Give it up for the winners!" I was like
Nice man, congrats. Prog metal should be winning a BotB.

At my last battle of the bands, we smashed two guitars on stage...and won the "audience's choice award," but the teachers didn't appreciate it very much, so they wouldn't give us first prize

So worth it though.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
awesome man!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I once won a BotB for being the most original band.

We had saxophone and harmonica solos
All of the Botb winners around here tend to be pop rock/screamo/hardcore unfortunately. Which is a shame because there are awesome metal bands from here too.
Post a song of yours if you got it
Support new music, listen to my Prog Metal Band:
Open Wide, The Sky

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR White

Peavey 6505+ /w Mesa-Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab
We got second place once, and £150 of vouchers to a local music store between 4 of us.

Not bad, considering we were crap.
Quote by Vinnie5
Post a song of yours if you got it

http://myspace.com/weareascendance

We played the orchestral prelude + our 13 minute song, "The Third I" (in video form)

And I got laid the next day.
Last edited by Silverwolf at May 11, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
Now THATS an epic win.

ya that was pretty epic
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
ya that was pretty epic

That's how people describe us, epic. I thing its a good descriptor haha
Quote by bequickorbedead
This is all that matters.

So did you?

The next day, yes.
That's pretty sweet. We have a little festival at my school on Friday that wasn't really a contest but it was still great. There was this really bizzare jam/dance band that played in tribal garb and had a synth player. They won in my books... I was going to be in it, but the drummer quit to play sax in another band and the guitarist went solo.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
That's pretty sweet. We have a little festival at my school on Friday that wasn't really a contest but it was still great. There was this really bizzare jam/dance band that played in tribal garb and had a synth player. They won in my books... I was going to be in it, but the drummer quit to play sax in another band and the guitarist went solo.

Yeah, we played at the school talent show a while back, we were the opening act. Performing is alot of fun. Sucks that you didn't get to do it.