does anybody know how i can get a sound very similiar if not perfect for the appetite for destruction album by guns n roses.

if so pm me

thanks alot
-gibson7192-
i have a gibson les paul studio and a line 6 spider 3
i need to know where to set the mids drive reverb ..etc..
thanks alot
Slash uses Les Paul Standard,, Ernie Ball Slinky RPS 11-48 string's,Marshall Amp's, Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickup's. For more detailed info on amp settings try going to http//www.snakepit.org Scroll down to where it say's ( about Slash ) click on "Equipment" and it will tell you everything you need to know on how you can get his sound.
Also, tune down 1/2 step. That is a subtle but very important part of it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by OhioSlashFan
Slash uses Les Paul Standard,, Ernie Ball Slinky RPS 11-48 string's,Marshall Amp's, Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickup's. For more detailed info on amp settings try going to http//www.snakepit.org Scroll down to where it say's ( about Slash ) click on "Equipment" and it will tell you everything you need to know on how you can get his sound.

The Marshall amp doesn't mean an MG or AVT. It means a JCM, which is all tube and British made. They are pretty expensive, as in about $1800 US. If you want his sound for less, get a Peavey Windsor studio, it's a 20 watt all tube british voiced amp. Very similar sounding to a Marshall tube amp, and about $1400 less. The pickups are very important too, you need those Alnico Pro II's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.