ok so im going to see Killswitch Engage tommorow in Kitchener at Elements night club. its a small place only holds 1200 people its all ages but this is my first concert so what should i expect. crazy mosh pits ? drunken fights? im 16 and im going with my 13 year old brother. i just wanna have a good time listen to the tunes head band and flash my devil horns. so any tips for me and my bro would be appreciated thx
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by Conor360
crazy mosh pits ?

Yeah

drunken fights?

yeah

im 16 and im going with my 13 year old brother.

Lolz

i just wanna have a good time listen to the tunes head band and flash my devil horns

Fail
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

dont do anything stupid. you have a brother to take care of. Try not to lose sight of him. shouldnt be bad though. altthough you should find more people you know, its better in groups
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
I saw KsE live for my first show who they playing with cause it probably won't be so crazy just watch out
There will probably be some amount of drunken people (depending on if they serve alcohol), but I don't know how to pit would be, since I've never been to a Killswitch concert. If the pit does open up though, just back up or move off to the side so you get out of the way. Usually people won't drag you in or get you involved if you don't want to be (unless they're assholes), so you really won't have much to worry about.

Edit: And make sure to keep an eye on your brother too, but that's pretty much common sense.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
tips: killswitch aren't metal. listen to coroner instead. but it'll prob be fun all the same

my first concert was mortal sin
Quote by Conor360
ok so im going to see Killswitch Engage tommorow

You have my condolences...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Try to get up front. You get to enjoy the show and maybe get in some pictures.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
I fell asleep at a Killswitch show. Haha.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
if you want to stay out of the pit and not get into any moshing ( ngood idea with the younger brother there) stay further to the back or right side of the stage, otherwise, just enjoy the show, and stay out of peoples way, there will be some serious moshings at a KSE show, and I know Kitchener there's some rowdy bastards around there. Have a great time!!!!
They're not my favorite but they are amazing live, especially Howard.

The mosh pits are usually in the middle of the room. If you stay towards the edges of the room, you usually won't have to worry about it, however, sometimes people will try to start one where you're at. If you don't want to mosh, then you should probably move somewhere else.

One thing to really watch out for, they might have everyone in the room divide down the middle, and run into each other and hug.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Saw killswitch in Detroit for my first show, was amazing. Was a decent amount of pits, and there was also a circle pit, but other then that, theres nothing crazy. Keep your brother close and enjoy the show.
lolz, now your ganna take some advice from a kid as old as your brother,
allright i been to 2 killswitch engage concerts its not that wild...not as good as going to a mudvayne or a bullet for my valentive concert or even a children of bodom concert (mosh core)
just dont jump in the mosh if you cant handle it see whos in there, me and my buds moshed a couple of times, one of my buds broke 4 ribs once, some asshole threw him in the pit...as for drunken fights hell yeah! those are funny as hell enjoy yourself man, bring some dope pass it with you and your bro then if ya do get hurt yuoll be fine wont hurt as bad
Quote by MetalmanOfDecen
allright i been to 2 killswitch engage concerts its not that wild...not as good as going to a mudvayne or a bullet for my valentive concert or even a children of bodom concert (mosh core)
just dont jump in the mosh if you cant handle it see whos in there, me and my buds moshed a couple of times, one of my buds broke 4 ribs once, some asshole threw him in the pit...as for drunken fights hell yeah! those are funny as hell enjoy yourself man, bring some dope pass it with you and your bro then if ya do get hurt yuoll be fine wont hurt as bad

haha
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by MetalmanOfDecen

Kids
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
They were my first concert too! It'll be pretty obvious where the mosh pit is, so as long as you stay clear of it your fine. (I was in the front row for half the show so I didnt have to worry about that )
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well, TS, it looks like you have some bulking up to do. Otherwise, the mosh pit will kill you.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, TS, it looks like you have some bulking up to do. Otherwise, the mosh pit will kill you.

Yes. Just Yes.

My first concert was with 4 friends, so it wasnt that bad. However, we were outside in an ampitheater, so it'll be a totally different experience indoors. We had lawn seats, and there was one mosh pit that decided to start right beside us , the air was FILLED with smoke, and there were drunken retards just about everywhere.

Granted, it was a Seether/Three Days Grace/Skillet/Breaking Benjamin show
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
its not as bad as a divine heresy mosh tryst me on that one.. try to get up front in the middle they were amazing at soundwave.. especially if youre at the front... and yes if the mosh splits try to move away if you dont want a wall of people rnning into you lol.. you will enjoy it bro dont worry

EDIT: i dont know why people are going on about TS needs to buff up abit.. mosh pits arent that bad, my 13 year old brother whos about 150cm tall was in the mosh with me and he was fine
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Last edited by BFMVrrule at May 10, 2008,
Quote by dio_dude
tips: killswitch aren't metal.

Hmm, they sound pretty metal to me. Not uber hardcore or thrashy or what have you, but they ARE a type of metal. Damn musical elitists. You = Fail!

Ok, TS, there WILL be pitting and moshing. Doesn't matter what concert you go to. I know, bunch of retards, I like going for the music as well and the pitting ruins it for me. There will be drunks too. Your best bet is get your little brother and force your way to the front and hang on to the rail for dear life. Or hang out in the back where the pit is mellower. Most of all just take care of him.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm music?
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Your first concert will be like nothing else you have ever been too it will be one of the greatest times of your life.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
My first concert was when i was about when i was 9, I went to go see Judas priest and Overkill ( ) a few days later. After almost 7 years of me going to shows, the only advice i can really give you is if you'r a twig try to avoid being right next to a mosh, some people will be kicking all over pretending they are fighting invisible ninjas and sometimes it can get ugly.

Going right upfront is an amazing feeling especially if you'r so into it but pay attention to the crowd surfers that are going you'r direction, you'll get kicked in the head, slammed on/etc.
Last month i went to a shadows fall show and i was upfront and all of a sudden a fat chick slams on me, 300 pounds on me and im below 150 so..it was not an amazing feeling. Needles to say, the singer almost slapped me across the face while he was headbanging with his 1 mile long dreads.
Quote by Conor360
ok so im going to see Killswitch Engage tommorow in Kitchener at Elements night club. its a small place only holds 1200 people its all ages but this is my first concert so what should i expect. crazy mosh pits ? drunken fights? im 16 and im going with my 13 year old brother. i just wanna have a good time listen to the tunes head band and flash my devil horns. so any tips for me and my bro would be appreciated thx

Yea man, watch ur brother cuz he will prolly get smashed if he goes into THE PIT... *shifts eyes* anyways i just find it can depend on the venue and the area and espcally the band and just to let u know ahead of time theres always usually alot of people smoking joints or something.. l\at every concert i have been at theres always people smoking pot
Quote by ralph wiggum
my first was red hot chili peppers

sick ... mine was underoath , chiodos lol i think i cant really rember it well it was when i was 14
Quote by ralph wiggum
my first was red hot chili peppers

My favorite though was protest the hero, devil wears prada and illscarlet
my first concert was Bone Thugs N Harmony... no moshing, just alota weed. and the craziest concert I've been to is family values tour. much moshing, weed, drunks, and setting fire to things. hard to decide between paying attention to who was on stage or the alot of red necks trying to burn the place down
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by pinksalmon
my first concert was Bone Thugs N Harmony... no moshing, just alota weed. and the craziest concert I've been to is family values tour. much moshing, weed, drunks, and setting fire to things. hard to decide between paying attention to who was on stage or the alot of red necks trying to burn the place down

that sounds like fun
ehh, you'll be fine. At a killswitch show, It'll be like moshing w/ a bunch of fluffy bunnies. Make sure to buy one of those child leashes for your son. Don't want him dying under your watch.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Quote by BFMVrrule
its not as bad as a divine heresy mosh tryst me on that one.. try to get up front in the middle they were amazing at soundwave.. especially if youre at the front... and yes if the mosh splits try to move away if you dont want a wall of people rnning into you lol.. you will enjoy it bro dont worry

EDIT: i dont know why people are going on about TS needs to buff up abit.. mosh pits arent that bad, my 13 year old brother whos about 150cm tall was in the mosh with me and he was fine

EXACTLY what I was going to say/

Hell, I was moshing at ozzfest when I was 13 (this was with huge ass dudes over rocky cement pavement). It's not dangerous at all if the people in the pit aren't dicks.