I need help from someone who has this amp. Its a whopping 120 watts, and i was wondering if thats like godly loud. I'm gonna be using this amp mostly for practice with the exception of some small gigs and band practice. would the amp even sound good at low volumes?
I don't own the amp, I'm sorry.

120 watts tube can hurt you.
You can do decent gigs with a 30 watt tube head and have volume to spare.

I don't know how the amp would sound at low volumes, but I'm sure someone will reply in a few minutes.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I have the amp and yes, it's stupid loud. It's listenable @ low volume although of course it doesn't roar like it does when you turn it up. I use an overdrive pedal which helps fill it out @ the lower volumes. It's a great amp. I love it. I just hope it lasts a couple of years or more...
Quote by jimmy666page666
Search Bar. Use it.

This
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Imo a 120 W head sounds better than its 60W brother. Its nice to be able to have the power if you need it(outdoor gigs). And ear plugs will save you r hearing.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
i was asking myself this same question but in regard to a 100 watt 212 combo such at the valve king 212....

i dont think it would be as loud as the buggera though seing as its around 100 watts coming out 4 12 inch speakers as aposed to 2 12 inch speakers......
Quote by xdeathxcorex
i was asking myself this same question but in regard to a 100 watt 212 combo such at the valve king 212....

i dont think it would be as loud as the buggera though seing as its around 100 watts coming out 4 12 inch speakers as aposed to 2 12 inch speakers......

I've heard both good and bad things about the Valvekings. I liked the way it sounded when I played through it, but it's ability to do metal is questionable.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I have the amp and yes, it's stupid loud. It's listenable @ low volume although of course it doesn't roar like it does when you turn it up. I use an overdrive pedal which helps fill it out @ the lower volumes. It's a great amp. I love it. I just hope it lasts a couple of years or more...

What he said. I have one too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.