Page 1 of 2
I was auditioning for this band today and it was working great, only had it up to about 3 on the volume and it just turned off. It will not power on at all now and what are some steps to take to find out what the problem is...
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
It's a fender Twin. LOL Might be the circuitry take it into the shop they should be able to help.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
It's a fender Twin. LOL Might be the circuitry take it into the shop they should be able to help.

It's a fender twin reverb reissue 2 x 12 85 watt and if I take it to the shop They will charge me 60$ to even look at it, not to mention keep it for 3 months because there is only one amp guy in our city that I have found. I was posting here hoping someone has encountered the same problem and could do some trouble shooting.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

My only guess is the circuitry. I don't really modify/work on these parts of an amp so I can't really help.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Outside of their loud and annoyingly bright cleans, Fender amps are junk.

I didn't ask for your stance on Fender Amps...
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

I'm sure you can get it repaired under warranty. Call Fender and set up a service call. Then when they fix/replace it, Craigslist or Ebay that sucker and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

are you kidding me?

i guarantee that Fender Twin Reverb is much more reliable than your little Bugera. Theres a reason people are snagging up vintage Fender tweed amps from the 50's and Blackfaces from the 60's. They're more reliable than any modern amp and sound better.

just because Fender style amps dont suit you, dont knock there reliability, Your Bugera isnt going to last 40-50 years like a fender.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i had the same problem try getting a new cable...oh yeah and igotabcrich im pritty sure a fender amp doesnt sound good or will last over 20 years
Last edited by Abreu77 at May 10, 2008,
Quote by igotabcrich32
are you kidding me?

i guarantee that Fender Twin Reverb is much more reliable than your little Bugera. Theres a reason people are snagging up vintage Fender tweed amps from the 50's and Blackfaces from the 60's. They're more reliable than any modern amp and sound better.

just because Fender style amps dont suit you, dont knock there reliability, Your Bugera isnt going to last 40-50 years like a fender.

No, I'm totally NOT kidding you. Fender amps, sans some vintage ones are junk. You may trash my Bugera all you want. Even I know the jury is still out on their reliability.
Fender quality these days sucks. +1 to me for keeping it real.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 10, 2008,
man, what is the deal with this thread?...he's just looking for some help. i know very little about amp electronics but is it possible it is a blown fuse or tube or cable or something?

EDIT: *typed immediately after reading TheFsuprem's comment: "Ebay that sucker and chalk it up to a lesson learned."*

:
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 11, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
man, what is the deal with this thread?...he's just looking for some help. i know very little about amp electronics but is it possible it is a blown fuse or tube or cable or something?

:

No, it's a NEW Fender. It's shot. He needs warranty work. They're junk.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

You're an idiot.

Sorry, you had it coming.

Next time, at least try to help the person.

TS, have you checked to see if you blew a fuse?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1 MatrixClaw!

and coming from guy who just wrote a crushing review on the MG KK and is also looking for a Boss ME50 or Digitech RP500.

NOTE: I'm not making fun of RP line as I have one lol

:
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 10, 2008,
Quote by MatrixClaw
You're an idiot.

Sorry, you had it coming.

Next time, at least try to help the person.

TS, have you checked to see if you blew a fuse?

Name calling? Really? Do you feel better?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
No, I'm totally NOT kidding you. Fender amps, sans some vintage ones are junk. You may trash my Bugera all you want. Even I know the jury is still out on their reliability.
Fender quality these days sucks. +1 to me for keeping it real.

would you mind showing me some kind of website talking about reliability issues?

unless your talking about there ****ty SS practice amps, i havent heard anything involving reliability issues.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1 MatrixClaw!

and coming from guy who just wrote a crushing review on the MG KK and is also looking for a Boss ME50 or Digitech RP500.

:

Looking for or asking about? There's a difference. Why the personal attack? Just because I said new Fender amps are junk? That's all?
Quote by igotabcrich32
would you mind showing me some kind of website talking about reliability issues?

unless your talking about there ****ty SS practice amps, i havent heard anything involving reliability issues.

You're serious arn't you? Have you ever looked inside of say a Fender Blues Jr. and see how it's made? C'mon man, get informed and don't name call. That's so childish.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You're serious arn't you? Have you ever looked inside of say a Fender Blues Jr. and see how it's made? C'mon man, get informed and don't name call. That's so childish.

i didnt call you anything.

I havent heard of any consistent problems going on with Blues Jrs

so go ahead, inform me.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Looking for or asking about? There's a difference. Why the personal attack? Just because I said new Fender amps are junk? That's all?

You don't get to bust into a thread where someone has had a little bad luck and call their amp junk and then act all righteous when someone calls you a douche, because honestly it's pretty justified. GTFO. You're not helping.

To the threadstarter: the most common thing, especially with a new amp, would be a fuse or power tube failure. Since the pilot light isn't coming on, the problem is in your power supply which means the power transformer, mains fuse, or rectifier. Replace the fuse in the back and see what that does. If you can, replace the power tubes- a blown power tube could be what's causing the fuse to blow in the first place.
Last edited by Roc8995 at May 10, 2008,
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Have you ever looked inside of say a Fender Blues Jr. and see how it's made?

This coming from someone who owns a Bugera.

Seriously, you're not helping the TS any, just leave the thread *sigh*
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wow, this thread is a great example of how mature our community is.

Check your power tubes, if any are blown then that's your problem. The fuse also needs to be check.

Other than those two, it's something internal that a tech would have to fix for you.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by MatrixClaw
This coming from someone who owns a Bugera.

Seriously, you're not helping the TS any, just leave the thread *sigh*

What does owning a Bugera have to do with anything? really???
I did help the OP. I told him to seek warranty service, which is what I'll bet you he needs. What are you the "leave the thread police"? Grow up.
I'm going to venture the guess that a fuse went. If the fuse is out, the likelihood is that a power tube went out. Look inside and see if there are any obvious signs of component failure. Did the amp act weird at all before it went out? Any extra noises or the like??
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
^He said it just "turned itself off" which smells like fuse or transformer to me. I think opening the amp might void the warranty, so it would be best to just check the fuse and power tubes, since with such a new amp those would be the only things a warranty wouldn't cover.
this is true....forgot about that. Do what Colin said and don't open it

Ummm. I would venture to guess a fuse first. and then if it is a fuse, most likely a tube went out as well. Check the weakest link first! Transformer would be a worst case scenario.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Roc8995
^He said it just "turned itself off" which smells like fuse or transformer to me. I think opening the amp might void the warranty, so it would be best to just check the fuse and power tubes, since with such a new amp those would be the only things a warranty wouldn't cover.

Yeah, definitely.

I'd say the transformer going bad isn't very likely since it's only 3 months old, but it's possible.

It's probably just a power tube that died and caused the amp to blow a fuse. Some amp companies actually cover the tubes in their warranties; however, the warranty on those is probably up, as most stuff like that is usually 90 days.

but if it's not the fuse or power tubes, you've got bigger problems.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Roc8995
You don't get to bust into a thread where someone has had a little bad luck and call their amp junk and then act all righteous when someone calls you a douche, because honestly it's pretty justified. GTFO. You're not helping.

To the threadstarter: the most common thing, especially with a new amp, would be a fuse or power tube failure. Since the pilot light isn't coming on, the problem is in your power supply which means the power transformer, mains fuse, or rectifier. Replace the fuse in the back and see what that does. If you can, replace the power tubes- a blown power tube could be what's causing the fuse to blow in the first place.

I was trying to help man. I told the OP to seek warranty service (he needs it, it's NOT a fuse) and then suggested he get out from underneath that Fender because their amps are poorly built now (FACT) and you call me a righteous douche and you think that's justified? I didn't attack you, or your gear, or anything. How is that justified? Weak.
Just checked the fine print on fender amp warranties. The tube warranty only covers 90 days. The rest of the internal components are covered for 5 years. It doesn't expressly say that opening the chassis will void the warranty- but it does mention that service or repair by the user would void it, and there's usually something on the back of the amp to the effect of "no user serviceable parts inside," which might imply that if you want them to fix it you should keep the amp closed.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I was trying to help man. I told the OP to seek warranty service (he needs it, it's NOT a fuse) and then suggested he get out from underneath that Fender because their amps are poorly built now (FACT) and you call me a righteous douche and you think that's justified? I didn't attack you, or your gear, or anything. How is that justified? Weak.

you didnt say they were poorly built. you laughed and said they were junk.

theres a difference my friend, if you had just said they were poorly built i wouldnt have attacked you like i did. But when you make a bold statement such as ____ is junk and laugh because its a Fender, it just shows you being obnoxious.
Quote by igotabcrich32
you didnt say they were poorly built. you laughed and said they were junk.

theres a difference my friend, if you had just said they were poorly built i wouldnt have attacked you like i did. But when you make a bold statement such as ____ is junk and laugh because its a Fender, it just shows you being obnoxious.

I NEVER laughed. There is nothing funny about overpaying for a Fender and then having it break. Again, C'mon man... And for the record, Fender make overpriced amps that are of poorer quality now and live off of their past history/glory for having what some people think are "great cleans" and good reverb.

I'm sorry if you own a Fender amp and took what I said personally.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 10, 2008,
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I NEVER laughed. There is nothing funny about overpaying for a Fender and then having it break. Again, C'mon man... And for the record, Fender make overpriced amps that are of poorer quality now and live off of their past history/glory for having what some people think are "great cleans" and good reverb.

i do recall an LOL in one of your posts regarding Fenders, but thats besides the point.

i still havent seen anything from your part proving to me that Fender has shotty reliability.
Once upon a time there was a boy who owned....

a Fender Champ....

a Fender Pro Jr....

a Fender Blues Jr....

and, finally,

a 1973 Fender twin.

This boy never had any reliability issues. The only time service was necessary was when he decided to run his acoustic guitar with uber-high power pickup through a series of OD pedals into his cranked Pro Jr. And then use a slide. Just for kicks. Simply overloaded the little speaker.

Fender makes solid amps. The old ones are better, but the new ones are quality products, even if they are getting kinda pricey.

TS... try looking through your tubes, fuses, connections, etc.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

That said from a Bugera owner. I'm impressed but slightly annoyed. When Bugeras been around for 40 years then start bashing.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Work from the ac outlet backwards. I dont know if you have a multi meter or not. Pm if you have any questions have used twins for years and have come across every concieveable problem with them. Good luck
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
That said from a Bugera owner. I'm impressed but slightly annoyed. When Bugeras been around for 40 years then start bashing.

I don't understand what my amp has to do with me "bashing" Fenders. I don't care who hates my amp. I don't take it personally. I was just pointing out that I don't like Fenders annoying bright ear shattering cleans. Some people dig those and call them the "standard" in cleans, I hate them. Besides that, The current line of Fender amps are sickeningly overpriced for the quality that goes into them. I'm sorry I "slightly annoyed" you with my opinion. I know you will quickly get over it.
esupre, i think the point here, is that it's never cool to enter a thread where a guy is stressing over his amp, just to back door bash his amp choice. (yes, yes told him to check warranty)

i never noticed you before, so i hope this is just a bad first impression.

ts, i hope it's the fuse, good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
esupre, i think the point here, is that it's never cool to enter a thread where a guy is stressing over his amp, just to back door bash his amp choice. (yes, yes told him to check warranty)

i never noticed you before, so i hope this is just a bad first impression.

ts, i hope it's the fuse, good luck.

You're right. I'm sorry. I was out of line.
Page 1 of 2