Ok, well, I have a Tech 21 Sansamp GT2 and I absolutely hate it. It's honestly so confusing to use. I'm looking to either get a Boss Metal Zone or the MXR Dimebag tribute distortion pedal.
I need a pedal for distortion too because my Marshall MG50DFX has the ****tiest distortion I have ever heard.
Also, I want to change the pickups on my Jackson guitar. It has the ****ty "Designed by Duncun" pickups (stock). I was thinking about either an EMG, Dimebucker, or Bill Lawrence (dime one). Which one, OR another suggestion?
Help please
Last edited by ChrisCutler at May 10, 2008,
tubescreamer + drive channel=all you need.
seriously, try it and if you dont like it..kick me in the phallus
oh and as for pickups, get the dimarzio d sonics, the john petrucci ones. i have them on all my ibanezes and my 7 string and they are the clearest, thickest, and girthiest sounding pickups ever.
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff is a great distortion pedal, Boss Metal Core is another good one, it's very heavy sounding, i've heard that one first hand and it was also being playing through an MG50DFX, i think it sounds better than the more expensive metal zone.
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
How about you don't buy a mediocre distortion pedal or waste money on pickups that won't change the sound of your guitar at all through what you have, and buy a new amp?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
How about you don't buy a mediocre distortion pedal or waste money on pickups that won't change the sound of your guitar at all through what you have, and buy a new amp?

I dunno, if he can't afford a new amp pickups would improve things. The duncan designed pickups on the lower end jacksons are complete stinkers, in my experience with my mate's warrior.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by MatrixClaw

I am saving up for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, so eventually I will have that, but until then, I want an atleast BETTER sound. My Marshall is DISGUSTING.
Ibanez RG3EXQM1 (Drop D/Standard)
Paul Reed Smith Custom SE Semi-Hollow (Drop B, A#)
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss TU-2 > Dunlop Crybaby From Hell > MXR Phase 90 > Sansamp GT2 > Boss DD-3 > Boss BF-3
Last edited by ChrisCutler at May 10, 2008,
Quote by ChrisCutler
I am saving up for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, so eventually I will have that, but until then, I want an atleast BETTER sound. My Marshall is DISGUSTING.

Well even so, a pickup change would be a waste, if it even changes the sound it'd be very subtle and not worth the cash.

If you must get a distortion pedal, get a Metal Muff. The Metal Zone sounds horrible stock, as does the Metal Core. I haven't tried the MXR, but I'd be willing to be it's not that great.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well even so, a pickup change would be a waste, if it even changes the sound it'd be very subtle and not worth the cash.

If you must get a distortion pedal, get a Metal Muff. The Metal Zone sounds horrible stock, as does the Metal Core. I haven't tried the MXR, but I'd be willing to be it's not that great.

Hmm. Maybe I'll just nevermind about the pedals and get a better practice amp for now until the summer when i can afford a Mesa stack.
My guitar teacher has a little Vox and it sounds amazing. Hmm.
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss TU-2 > Dunlop Crybaby From Hell > MXR Phase 90 > Sansamp GT2 > Boss DD-3 > Boss BF-3
Quote by ChrisCutler
Hmm. Maybe I'll just nevermind about the pedals and get a better practice amp for now until the summer when i can afford a Mesa stack.
My guitar teacher has a little Vox and it sounds amazing. Hmm.

Yeah, Vox makes some good practice amps, I have an AD30VT, not a bad little amp. You might also want to look into Roland Cubes as well.

Maybe if you have some cash, you could just find a used Mesa F-30 combo? They go pretty cheap and sound great. I wouldn't be surprised if you like it better than the Recto actually.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah, Vox makes some good practice amps, I have an AD30VT, not a bad little amp. You might also want to look into Roland Cubes as well.

Maybe if you have some cash, you could just find a used Mesa F-30 combo? They go pretty cheap and sound great. I wouldn't be surprised if you like it better than the Recto actually.

Nah, not gonna get a Mesa unless its a good stack, and that won't be for years probably. Won't need it till then anyways.
My teacher has that little Vox Valvetronics 50 Watt. Blows my marshall out of the water. I'm guessing my Marshall would pay for half of it. :X
Marshall MG50DFX
Quote by ChrisCutler
Nah, not gonna get a Mesa unless its a good stack, and that won't be for years probably. Won't need it till then anyways.
My teacher has that little Vox Valvetronics 50 Watt. Blows my marshall out of the water. I'm guessing my Marshall would pay for half of it. :X

*shrug* I personally don't like the Rectos at all and think the F series sounds much better, but to each there own!

If you don't need too much volume, you could just go with the 30W version, it's basically the same thing, the only big difference being it has a 10in speaker instead of a 12in, but I wouldn't be too bothered with it if it's just for practice.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
*shrug* I personally don't like the Rectos at all and think the F series sounds much better, but to each there own!

If you don't need too much volume, you could just go with the 30W version, it's basically the same thing, the only big difference being it has a 10in speaker instead of a 12in, but I wouldn't be too bothered with it if it's just for practice.

Yea, I honestly just need to fill a 30 ft. by 25 ft. room (approximitely) for now.
I think a Mark IV head with a cab would be the best, but that **** is EXPENSIVE!
Vox will do for now. THANKS EVERYONE!
Marshall MG50DFX
Quote by ChrisCutler
I think a Mark IV head with a cab would be the best, but that **** is EXPENSIVE!

My stack cost less than a Dual Recto cost new

Good luck with the Vox!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com