I'm looking to buy a used amp off ebay more than likely, and I would almost rather take someones word on what to buy because I can't turn the amps up in the store loud enough to hear their full potential before getting complaints.

I am looking for tube, of course, and i don't need 100 watts or a half stack, 40-60 would be just fine. Most of the gigs i would be playing in use mics anyway. My type of music is harder rock, post-grunge ( think alter bridge). Great distortion is my top priority, decent cleans would be great too.
A b-52 2x12 At-120 is pretty good with high gain. Also a Peavey Valveking 2x12 is good for very high gain and it has pretty good cleans. You can get a Peavey new for about $700 anyway.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
A b-52 2x12 At-120 is pretty good with high gain. Also a Peavey Valveking 2x12 is good for very high gain and it has pretty good cleans. You can get a Peavey new for about $700 anyway.

+1
Not really into those. I did like the b-52, but i haven't been able to play it the last few times i went because GC would rather keep out the Ravens, Crates, Line6s and other crappy SS amps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Not really into those. I did like the b-52, but i haven't been able to play it the last few times i went because GC would rather keep out the Ravens, Crates, Line6s and other crappy SS amps.

That Raven was hands down the biggest waste of a speaker I have ever heard. The tone reminded me of the Gawdawful Gorrilla amps of the 80's.
did you mean more the 700 or less then 700?
because you said greater then 700 but less then 700 makes more sense
Oops yeah i meant less than. Of course i could stretch it out a bit if i could find something that was worth it
Mesa F-30/F-50 or DC-3/DC-5 combo would be great if you can go used. You can easily find them in that price range and they'd cover those styles perfectly.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com