Page 1 of 2
good?
with your guitar, bass, drums or whatever instrument(s) that you play?
have you ever been ignored by bands for the above reason?
are you not invited, for the above reasons?
is your proficiency unappreciated?
is your talent discriminated?
are you left unacknowledged?

that's how i feel in my place. am i alone?
Yes. you are alone.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
no i feel that way a lot. kinda
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
good?
no

with your guitar, bass, drums or whatever instrument(s) that you play?
no

have you ever been ignored by bands for the above reason?
no

are you not invited, for the above reasons?
no

is your proficiency unappreciated?
no

is your talent discriminated?
no

are you left unacknowledged?
no

that's how i feel in my place. am i alone?
yes
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
You probably just suck like the rest of us.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Sounds like someone needs an ego check.
I would say, probably.

TS, you're probably not John Petrucci. Just FYI.
Yes, I'm so good nobody wants to play with me for fear of having their faces melted from my awesomeness.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i feel like that sometimes. i am better that every other band member i have ever played with. they are kind of D*cks to me because of it. not to show off but, i'm just longing for someone that can play at my level.
No actually, this is quite common. I feel this way a lot.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

I've been told that I couldn't play with a band because I was "too advanced" for them, but I didn't take it as a bad thing...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Flying Couch
I would say, probably.

TS, you're probably not John Petrucci. Just FYI.

He'll play on Kill Speed and everyone will die!!!!1111
I don't think it's because you're 'too good', you sound like you're just an egoistical bastard.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
there is a lot of discrimination against guitarists who can really play their asses off, as if speed and melody are mutually exclusive. it just depends on the type of people you encounter. I'm lucky; because we're all good at what we do it's just pushed us all to get better and better. if they can't take it that way you're better off without them.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Well maybe the reason isnt because your too good, maybe its because you seem up yourself?
i'm not showing off.
i am introverted.
i don't run around telling everybody that i rock.
actually someone came up to me and told me i'm not invited because "they can't catch up".
another thing, whenever i start playing fast, people shut up as if i've done something embarassing.
i'm a foreigner to my place.
and once again, like i said in my place, maybe i'm too good, to put it in an egoistical manner. but maybe everyone just sucks in my place.
Quote by necrophilic
in my place, in my place.

Were lines that I couldn't change
I was lost, oh yeah
Were lines that I couldn't change
I was lost, oh yeah

Crossed lines I shouldent have crossed......

I love coldplay
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by PlayMadness
I've been told that I couldn't play with a band because I was "too advanced" for them, but I didn't take it as a bad thing...

I've been told the same. Sucks... Now I don't even have a couple n00bz to jam with... Its hard to find competent musicians who have been playing more than a couple years who aren't already in a band and doing well. I'm tired of all these teenagers who have been playing a year and half or two years and think they are guitar Gods and then let their egos get in the way, like my last band.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by Fiddelers elbow

I love coldplay

Join the group then
You cant hide talent, people know talent when they see it.

They haven't acknowledged you for the right reason obviously.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow

I love coldplay

have you eve felt like....

your in a spiders web, caught in the middle ?
Stop complaining, Yngwie.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
In the careers world this is called being overqualified. In the music industry, it's called having an ego. My guess is that, and i might be wrong, that you have loads of technical ability but not much musical ability, ie. always shredding endlessly over everything and not really playing for the song etc.
But, feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

(I do like your Ghost in the Shell Avatar though.)
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
No.

Either you're being left out because you're arrogant and actually suck or you can't stop playing long-ass solos because you don't understand the concept of a song.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think all you people need to calm the fu** down. I'm not that great myself but you don't see me bashing him.

I get what TS is going through, the other band mates were jealous and didn't want him to take over their " spotlight " all by himself. That's why he's being left behind, maybe he sucks cause I don't know him, but that seems the most logical to me.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

yes. yes you are...
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I know what you mean (to the TS). I'm not in a band and I probably can play in a band but I'm not true to the originals (songs). I play what's in my heart and let it flow. That puts my friends off and I think they're intimidated but they all told me that I rocked dude.

I love the 70s and some 80s (damn good stuff in there) and that's all I play, good old fashioned rock and roll. I remember some of my 60s stuff but they're fading away.

Hell, I'm 58 and I don't wanna stop so I'm pretty much a one man band.
Page 1 of 2