im looking for a good acoustic no more than 250. Its got to be a cutaway and electric pickup. you guys got any ideas. Im diggn some ibanez's
A.K.A. Titanguy
Firstly. Do not buy an Ibanez acoustic guitar. Ibanez make some great electric guitars, but there acoustics are sadly lacking. Most of them are pretty fancy looking which is fine, but when they are sacrificing sound for looks, that's not good. Also, their quality control is atrocious. We regularly hear about people who have bought a brand new Ibanez only to find that the electronics don't work properly (or at all) or that there is extensive fretbuzzing all over the fretboard.

As for your price range. To get a decent acoustic-electric your looking more in the range of $400 for an Alvarez AD60SC or Takamine EG340SC.

You can get a Takamine G340SC (Cutaway without pickup) for $300 and thats a good option. You can always add a pickup to it later on and that way you will have a good guitar and a good pickup unlike most of the acoustic electrics that are under $350. If you must have a cutaway (remember, you can easily add pickups later, but you can't add a cutaway later) then this is the way I would go.
If having a pickup is more important to you (are you playing gigs? because a pickup is surprisingly useless unless you are playing gigs. They suck to record with, the novelty factor wears off very quickly too) then I would choose any of the guitars from this list:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075
And add a decent pickup to it. You should be able to keep it under $300. You could even do it for about $250 if you bought a Yamaha FG700S and spent $50 on a soundhole pickup or undersaddle transducer.
I'm voting for Yamaha FG700S(no cutaway) with a soundhole pick up. But if you don't really need the pickup that much, then I don't recommend it.
Quote by shredbeyndshred
im looking for a good acoustic no more than 250. Its got to be a cutaway and electric pickup. you guys got any ideas. Im diggn some ibanez's

I agree with Johnos on the quality of the recent Ibanez. The quality from the China manufacturers is even worse than the quality the last few years that was coming out of Korea. But look at some of the older Artwood models.

But some of the 1980's made in Japan and the early 1990's made in Korea Ibanez Artwoods have good quality and good sound. You can find an AW-100 CE for much less than $300. All the Artwoods are solid spruce tops most with laminated sides and back. Some of the older 1980's ones were solid wood.
try the ibanez if that's what you like man.. it's still your personal choice and opinion that counts.. if you feel good about that guitar, go for it.. anything would last long with proper care and maintenance.. even a high-end taylor or breedlove wouldn't last long if you keep on dropping it, leaving it outside, or so.. i also like acoustic-electrics with cutaways.. indeed ibanez's acoutics look nice, i dunno bout the sound but if you think it sounds good, then go ahead and buy it..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Roookie
I'm voting for Yamaha FG700S(no cutaway) with a soundhole pick up. But if you don't really need the pickup that much, then I don't recommend it.

the answer.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
i dont think acoustic with electronics or cutaway is nesecessary on an acoustic unless you plan on playing gigs and stuff .. but i think definately go with the yamaha fg700s
Quote by johnos
Firstly. Do not buy an Ibanez acoustic guitar. Ibanez make some great electric guitars, but there acoustics are sadly lacking. Most of them are pretty fancy looking which is fine, but when they are sacrificing sound for looks, that's not good. Also, their quality control is atrocious. We regularly hear about people who have bought a brand new Ibanez only to find that the electronics don't work properly (or at all) or that there is extensive fretbuzzing all over the fretboard.

As for your price range. To get a decent acoustic-electric your looking more in the range of $400 for an Alvarez AD60SC or Takamine EG340SC.

You can get a Takamine G340SC (Cutaway without pickup) for $300 and thats a good option. You can always add a pickup to it later on and that way you will have a good guitar and a good pickup unlike most of the acoustic electrics that are under $350. If you must have a cutaway (remember, you can easily add pickups later, but you can't add a cutaway later) then this is the way I would go.
If having a pickup is more important to you (are you playing gigs? because a pickup is surprisingly useless unless you are playing gigs. They suck to record with, the novelty factor wears off very quickly too) then I would choose any of the guitars from this list:
And add a decent pickup to it. You should be able to keep it under $300. You could even do it for about $250 if you bought a Yamaha FG700S and spent $50 on a soundhole pickup or undersaddle transducer.

johnos has the right idea.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by johnos

+1
Ibanez makes good guitars for the money. I don't know much about acoustics though. I have an ibanez acoustic and i like it alright, the sound is a bit off right now but i need to change the strings.
Isn't there a whole thread that was stickied for questions exactly like this one?
Quote by ChristianE
Ibanez makes good guitars for the money. I don't know much about acoustics though. I have an ibanez acoustic and i like it alright, the sound is a bit off right now but i need to change the strings.

I think they make good electrics, but i wouldn't recommend them as being good quality and good value acoustic guitars. If your happy with yours then thats great, but there are often a lot of issues with quality with them.