How do you get friends on this, I am a great guitarist that would really like to get into some guitar talk.
visit peoples profiles and ad them as you wish, or see them on posts and pm them.

mostly just visit the right forums and you will have the conversations you want to, stay out of the pit though, otherwise, intelligence takes a vacation. enjoy the site.
Quote by mjkshreds
How do you get friends on this, I am a great guitarist that would really like to get into some guitar talk.
Hi mjkshreds!

Welcome to UG.

One way to make friends would be to help some of the beginners in the Guitar & Bass Basics forum. Since you have experience, you'd be doing a lot to help some kids. And other experienced guitarists would get to know you. Also read what others have written to help, and find people who share your same interests. You can do the same in Electric Guitar, Acoustic & Classical, Musician Talk, etc.

One of the great things about meeting people in the forums is that you often disagree. But the way you approach your differing opinions is really important. The most interesting friends are the ones who don't share the same views, but you can still have proper conversations with.

Visit the different forums and decide where you'd like to spend some time. And be sure to read the rules of each forum before posting. Not all forums share the same rules.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.