I'm considering taking my electric guitar with me on a business trip. I'll be out of town for about 5 days, I'll be staying at a hotel, and figured I could practice in the evenings if I bring my electric and play it through my laptop and firewire interface, and listen to it on my headphones. Should I bring my electric or just wait 5 days til I play again?
what kind of guitar, and how expensive?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'd bring it if i were you, but and acoustic would be easier
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
It's an Ibanez S series, it's worth about 300 dollars. I like playing through my headphones. I was just worried if the cleaning people would steal it during the day while I was at my meetings.
they shouldn't steal it. i would bring it just to chill with at night after a meeting or what-not
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
plane or car?

Car - driving a rental car, it's about 5 hours away.
i think its a better idea to leave it,, u gotta focus on what ure doin at that moment,

business is business...
Bring it - You never know, it could make a great excuse for being late for a meeting.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Get GuitarHero.

kinda kidding

i'd leave it at home, especially if it is a good guitar. Another idea is to record yourself if you have not already and then listen to that. kind of a pacifier and you can critique yourself and tap along.

;

;
i'd bring it, I start going through withdrawals after a day or two of not playing. Hell, when we go canoing I put my acoustic in a big plastic bag, seal it good, put it in the hard case, put that in another bag, and take it down the river with me to play at night..... I wonder, do they make waterproof guitar cases?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
bring it, the whip it out during a meeting and start shredding.

Guaranteed promotion after that.

Quote by The4thHorsemen
i'd bring it, I start going through withdrawals after a day or two of not playing. Hell, when we go canoing I put my acoustic in a big plastic bag, seal it good, put it in the hard case, put that in another bag, and take it down the river with me to play at night..... I wonder, do they make waterproof guitar cases?

they make waterproof guitars... http://compositeacoustics.com/default.aspx
Last edited by Reuyl at May 10, 2008,
I'd bring it. When I go on vacation I bring my guitar for playing at night or when I'm not doing anything...actually, I generall have a guitar with me EVERYWHERE I go...except school.

Still, it could be a great stress reliever if buisness doesn't go to well, or if it does go well, you could celebrate by rippin off some crazy licks, and maybe get a stroke of inspiration from a new place. Who knows? Bring it with you.
Quote by The4thHorsemen

^+1 - I've done that. Welcome to the Club too for theacousticpunk cause we appeciate your comments.

Plus, I see your point on withdrawl. I was gone for a whole week once on a business trip but i had to fly - and there is no way i'm taking my guitar on a plane period. Unless i bought her a seperate seat lol so i could watch her yo.

Car is prolly alright and i guess i wouldn't worry about it getting stolen but just more any temperate changes or bumpy ride or whatever for an electric.

i know....anal. I guess if i had to be away for 5 days and had to drive maybe i would.

Peace Out!

;
Quote by Reuyl
they make waterproof guitars... http://compositeacoustics.com/default.aspx

holy **** that is ****ing awesome
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
I'd bring it. When I go on vacation I bring my guitar for playing at night or when I'm not doing anything...actually, I generall have a guitar with me EVERYWHERE I go...except school.

Still, it could be a great stress reliever if buisness doesn't go to well, or if it does go well, you could celebrate by rippin off some crazy licks, and maybe get a stroke of inspiration from a new place. Who knows? Bring it with you.

i actually bring mine to skool

i play during my off periods and when i have a sub. i use my marshall ms-2

TS- bring it
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112