So I wanna pull my whammy bar outwards (make the note higher in pitch) so i basically need a different bridge. But my friend said that you could only do that with a Floyd Rose, is this true or could i get a certain bridge that would allow me to push and pull my whammy bar both ways?

EDIT: My friend wants to know if it can be done on a Fender Squier.
and does anyone have any recommendations? if so, post them.
Last edited by 18zzz18 at May 10, 2008,
floyd roses are able to do that yes. However, this goes the same for any floating bridge, there's other brands that do the same thing. I'm not sure how you could use a regular tremolo for it, but i don't doubt that you could. It might not be very easy though, and you'd be better off buying a floating bridge.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
For a regular floating bridge, take off the back plate and theres two long screws, loosen them and it will let up on the tension, making it possible to pull up, but decreasing the amount you can force it down.

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
yeah just mess with the screws under the back plate

make it so that the guitar is in tune, but the bridge is slightly pulled up
then you can push down, outwards
i dont remember where i saw it but strat bridges can be floating bridges by loosening the screws under the strings toward the neck on the bridge google it
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
I can do it on my floating bridge, but it messes up the tuning sometime.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
If you want a proper floating bridge it's only floyd rose or floyd rose licensed products that can do it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Flying Couch
Just get a Stetsbar.

what's a stetsbar?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
you can rig any start style trem to float, but unless it's locking it probably won't stay in tune terribly well.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Quote by dio_dude
floating trems ftw, but changing strings and tuning is a bitch.

it hasnt been for me
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by 18zzz18
So I wanna pull my whammy bar outwards

bah dum dum kshhhhhh..


Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
mxr doubleshot distortion
Raven rg100
I can do anything with the Vintage Fender whammy bar on both of my strats.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Erik_Aero
Or get a whammy pedal?

i just tried one of those today at Guitar Center
i guess it was pretty neat
it could simulate dive bombs (but not very well)
do drop tuning
but i didn't really like it
i'd much rather have real whammy
but i don't