Hey, i was just curious will anything happen if i leave my guitar in standerd tuning with drop tuning strings? cuz im worried it might warp the neck but im not sure and i left it in standered tuning for like the last 2 days by accident ...
wrong forum.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by skvvisgaar
wrong forum.

Does it really matter that much? cuz im pretty sure everyone has a guitar and some basic knowledge about there own guitars if they are on this website..
Wrong forum, but I'll actually be helpful too.
It depends on the guitar and the truss rod. As long as you don't leave the strings on for too long, it will be fine; it's only if you leave them on for very extended periods of time, but as long as you adjust the truss rod to meet the tension, you should be fine. Also, what kind of bridge and what gauge strings are we talkin?
Quote by Johnny_truant
Hey, i was just curious will anything happen if i leave my guitar in standerd tuning with drop tuning strings? cuz im worried it might warp the neck but im not sure and i left it in standered tuning for like the last 2 days by accident ...

What are drop tuning strings?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by saxaxe
Usually, thicker strings made for the purpose of tuning lower.

yea i know , but i tuned it up cuz i was playing something else then i forgot i did
Quote by Johnny_truant
yea i know , but i tuned it up cuz i was playing something else then i forgot i did

Right right, I was answering the guy asking what drop tuning strings are, not correcting your use of them haha. What gauge are they?
Quote by saxaxe
Right right, I was answering the guy asking what drop tuning strings are, not correcting your use of them haha. What gauge are they?

lol yea just noticed sorry man :P
uhhh not sure , i just like playing the bled and alot of bands in drop tuning , so i can go into drop C
Hmm, well, I use 12-56 in standard and drop D and I've never had a problem. Even had 14's in D standard a few times. No problems. Just adjust your truss rod like has been said and you'll be in business.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Get it set up at a shop.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)