NEVERMIND I just bought a JCM 900

Title says it all. No Peavey Windsors, since I'm upgrading from that. I would really like a 2 or more channel amp, since that is my main problem with the Windsor. Especially interested in:

B-52 AT-100
Peavey ValveKing (Either of those for less than 600 obviously)
Possibly a Bugera 6262 or 333xl?
Anything else that is a tube head for <$600!! (Marshalls? upper-Peaveys?)

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Last edited by darthalal at May 14, 2008,
Still considering it. For some reason the clip is taking forever to download so I haven't heard it yet :-P Is there anything clean played in the clip? It is a Marshall.. so I'm somewhat concerned about the clean channel. It is a 2-channel amp also, right?
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

The Valveking head is 530 brand new, and sounds pretty good if you have some decent pickups in your guitar, so if it comes down to it I think that should be your choice.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by tymoo22
The Valveking head is 530 brand new, and sounds pretty good if you have some decent pickups in your guitar, so if it comes down to it I think that should be your choice.

But I'd rather go used and get it cheaper if I can :-P
The main reason for this thread is to find something nice used, since even the B-52 is <$600 (which I'll probably end up with if I don't go used)
Quote by Dave_Mc

If you pm me with your email address, I can send you the file directly. It will take much less time.
Just finished :-) Any chance you have or can record the clean channel, or a lower gain distortion? It sounds awesome for high gain stuff, but can this amp still get the "crunch" of the jcm800?
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'll make a couple more clips tomorrow- a mid gain one, and a clean one. You should gimme your Email address So I can just send them to you.

Thanks,

Luke
PM'd, thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Bump, just in case
Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by strings-N-stuff
the b-52 AT100 is a great amp, I couldn't get rid of mine if I tryed.

free bump, hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks!
Quote by Dave_Mc

Let me know if you're still interested in the VK. Gonna throw it up on the 'bay soon.
Quote by Colony5150
Let me know if you're still interested in the VK. Gonna throw it up on the 'bay soon.

Will do, I should know relatively soon (at most within a couple days). At the moment I'm trying to decide between your VK, wasteofspace's Marshall, and a B-52 I found for $400. I'm just keeping this up to make sure I've seen all of the options before I make a choice.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Up?
Quote by Dave_Mc