So i have a ESP LTD KH-502 Electric Guitar, and i got it for cheap on eBay, it wasnt in a bad condition, i gave it a 7/10 cosmetically and it played decent so that had to be fixed, i gave it all new parts includes (floyd rose,pickup rings,screws,strings) the whole nine yards. anyway its worth 1000 brand new and i got it used and gave it all new parts and then theres 2 small dings, one on the headstock and one by the input jack.

anyway heres my real question,

how much is this guitar worth? and is it worth it to put active EMG 81/85 pickups?

it currently has passive EMG's

oh and its a discontinued model and its one of the few that have the skull and crossbone inlay all the way done the fret board, they usually have it only on the 12 fret on the KH-502

so i want your opinion

how much is this axe worth????
Honestly its going to be less then what you paid for it. Unless someone is just in dire need of a kh-502

Example my KH-503 used had a sticker price of $400 but i talked him down to $250 becuase it wasnt selling. And its basically the same guitar model as yours. So in my eyes its worth $250 because that is what i paid for mine...

And upgrading your guitar cuts done the price even more. Emg's are worth more selling them individually then slaping them on the guitar.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honestly its going to be less then what you paid for it. Unless someone is just in dire need of a kh-502

Example my KH-503 used had a sticker price of $400 but i talked him down to $250 becuase it wasnt selling. And its basically the same guitar model as yours. So in my eyes its worth $250 because that is what i paid for mine...

And upgrading your guitar cuts done the price even more. Emg's are worth more selling them individually then slaping them on the guitar.

well dude yeah thanks for the honest opinion but i thought i would make a little more than what i paid for it.
Quote by Demon_Cleaner
well dude yeah thanks for the honest opinion but i thought i would make a little more than what i paid for it.

Its like selling a custom car.. you never get back what you put into it.... Unless someone really really wants its... And alot of people aren't in the market for KH-502's and alot more people hate Sig's and alot of people hate sig's that dont have the original parts...

Its all a crap shoot but good luck....
this might help. heres a quick list of used pricing on the kh-502 i found on the web

Product: ESP LTD KH-502
Price Paid: US $350 used

Price Paid: US $297.99

Price Paid: US $399

Price Paid: US $449
Quote by IbanezPsycho
this might help. heres a quick list of used pricing on the kh-502 i found on the web

Price Paid: US $350 used

Price Paid: US $297.99

Price Paid: US $399

Price Paid: US $449

well thanks dude, because either way ill make more than what i bought it for after these prices. so i think i might be in luck.
Quote by Demon_Cleaner
well thanks dude, because either way ill make more than what i bought it for after these prices. so i think i might be in luck.

Lol i just realized you didnt list a price i saw the 7/10 and thought you purchased it for $710.....

But yea if those prices are higher then your fine.. Honestly you can get about $500 for it probally since the parts are replaced and $550-$600 with emgs. Once you get past the $600 mark people tend to lean more towards the new route...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lol i just realized you didnt list a price i saw the 7/10 and thought you purchased it for $710.....

But yea if those prices are higher then your fine.. Honestly you can get about $500 for it probally since the parts are replaced and $550-$600 with emgs. Once you get past the $600 mark people tend to lean more towards the new route...

yeah thats what matters, i can get something for it and more then what i got it for.
Quote by Demon_Cleaner
yeah thats what matters, i can get something for it and more then what i got it for.

Yea the key is very little work for the most profit.. I put to much work and stuff into mine so i would never get out of it what i put into it...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yea the key is very little work for the most profit.. I put to much work and stuff into mine so i would never get out of it what i put into it...

yeah man thats what i hate about these things sometimes, you put all your money into it and then you dont get jack back.
I found a KH 502 online for $400. Looks damn near mint. I'm a huge Metallica fan and love Kirk as a guitar player. I'll never hit a stage or anything so is $400 worth it for this jewel? I'll just jam out here at the house, maybe go take some lessons.
Holy hell, bump...

Dude, 2 year old thread much?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.