yeah, so i got my new traynor ycv40wr and i pretty much have eq'd it to my liking...but im not sure what teh presence control does, i cant notice too much of a difference no matter what position it is in. i have noticed it changes a little bit of the high's (i think). let me know what i should do guys.
btw...if there is another thread on this then sorry, couldnt find.
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
Presence is just how much high end your amp limits. As you roll it up, it'll sound like it's coming near you face or a blanket is thrown off of it. It wouldn't make a big difference unless you are playing loudly. Paul Gilbert use it to complement his treble.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
ok thanks man
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
It takes very high frequencies out of the negative feedback loop from the output transformer as you turn it up.
What that means to you is that at low settings, you reduce the spikiness of the high treble response. When you turn it higher, you get less regulation of the highs and the amp becomes brighter and cuts better. You're probably not noticing much of a difference because usually the power amp needs to be pushed at least a little bit into clipping to hear the effect. From your setup I'd guess you have the master pretty low and are using a lot of preamp volume, so your presence knob won't do much for you.
Quote by Roc8995
It takes very high frequencies out of the negative feedback loop from the output transformer as you turn it up.
What that means to you is that at low settings, you reduce the spikiness of the high treble response. When you turn it higher, you get less regulation of the highs and the amp becomes brighter and cuts better. You're probably not noticing much of a difference because usually the power amp needs to be pushed at least a little bit into clipping to hear the effect. From your setup I'd guess you have the master pretty low and are using a lot of preamp volume, so your presence knob won't do much for you.
this amp doesnt have a master volume actually, lol. but yeah, i guess it isnt a big deal witht eh presence, 5/10 should be fine.
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier