Page 1 of 2
I've been noticing it more and more, so I thought I'd ask the Pit's opinion on it.

Why is it normal when girls go "She looks good!" or "She's pretty!" but guys get called gay as soon as they even imply that they can judge whether another guy is good looking or not?

There's a difference between acknowledging that another person is good looking and being attracted to them.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Last edited by PlayMadness at May 10, 2008,
Quote by PlayMadness
I've been noticing it more and more, so I thought I'd ask the Pit's opinion on it.

Why is it normal when girls go "She looks good!" or "She's pretty!" but guys get called gay as soon as they even imply that they can judge whether another guy is good looking or not?

It may be in violation of Man-law, I'd have to double-check.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
I compare myself to other men all the time. It's a social thing, not that most people here would understand
I think its fine to say a guys good looking, as long as your not attracted to them.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I think it's dumb that we can't do it, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm unsure when a guy is good looking.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Dirge Humani
Because the people you hang out with are not sexually secure...me and my friends will openly admit when someone is attractive.

Exactly. Simply as humans we recognize when someone has attractive traits.
I usually tell whether another guy is attractive or not by asking one simple question:

"If I looked like him, would I kill myself?"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Because the people you hang out with are not sexually secure...me and my friends will openly admit when someone is attractive.

I never go and say "Jesus, that is/you are a sexy male, we must bone," to a man, unless it's Sean Connery, Fabio, Jack Black, Chuck Norris, Burt Reynolds, or the other standards of man-love.

I would comment on if someone looks well put together. I wouldn't say attractive, but perhaps good looking, at least.

But you have to be a damn fine piece of work.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
you need some people that are more sexually secure... and i KNOW a hot guy when i see one
Quote by isuckhardcore

That's actually one of my bookmarks.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X

...why are you asking?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
yeah i think its stupid. i mean, i can kinda tell when a guys attractive, but im not attracted to them. you can just see what women find attractive, but if we knew for sure the world would be a better place
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
i dont think it matters if your attracted to them or not if someone asks me what i think about a dude ill say if there good looking or not it dosent make me gay.

oh and to anyone who has a problem with gays and says its just not natural, then why does it occur in nature there is a gay population in every species that breeds.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
It may be in violation of Man-law, I'd have to double-check.

it is, don't bother checking, just know that it is, and btw, i like your answer, you beat me to it/
I say like it is when a guy is better looking than me or have a more defined body.
Quote by jamogod
it is, don't bother checking, just know that it is, and btw, i like your answer, you beat me to it/

I tend to have that effect on people.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Because we're intolerant bastards, some of us insecure about our sexuality. So implying that we can see how a male is attractive, could imply that we are sexually attracted to him.
Since most of us are intolerant bastards, it'd be bad to say such a thing.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I usually say it out loud. Unlike some people, I know secure with my sexuality and saying a guy is attractive won't suddenly make me gay.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I usually say it out loud. Unlike some people, I know secure with my sexuality and saying a guy is attractive won't suddenly make me gay.

Same here.

Hell, I flirt with guys I'm comfortable with almost all the time, sometimes jokingly, other times not.
The Pit. The Movie.
I think Marc Bolan of T.Rex is very attractive. If I were gay, I would want him.

People are way too insecure, I've even known some people (boy/girl, girl/girl, boy/boy) kissing eachother just messing around (not making out, just kissing... as a kind of joke thing) as some people being really grossed out.. it doesn't mean anything, they don't get any "germs" or "cooties" from it, it's completely harmless but some people think that is completely wrong or if they're the same gender that makes them either gay or bi.

I really don't care if people think of me as a gay guy, I know i'm straight, any girl i am interested in or have spoken to more than a couple times know that I am straight, if people want to think differently, great.
rawr
Quote by I Am Jack!
People are way too insecure, I've even known some people (boy/girl, girl/girl, boy/boy) kissing eachother just messing around (not making out, just kissing... as a kind of joke thing) as some people being really grossed out.. it doesn't mean anything, they don't get any "germs" or "cooties" from it, it's completely harmless but some people think that is completely wrong or if they're the same gender that makes them either gay or bi.

Personally, I am grossed out by girl/girl or guy/guy kissing.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
You know what... I can always tell when a guy is an attractive guy or not... but I don't say it out loud. Because people yelling "gAy!" and **** like that gets really annoying because basically every guy at my school is insecure and stuff... so I keep it to myself. Or tell girls.
Quote by PlayMadness
I usually tell whether another guy is attractive or not by asking one simple question:

"If I looked like him, would I kill myself?"

Lol, that was great...
Quote by Spay
Same here.

Hell, I flirt with guys I'm comfortable with almost all the time, sometimes jokingly, other times not.

Thet's...nice...i do the jokingly way, but not that way...cause most of the guys i hang with are secure and we no we're not gay...
Last edited by guitartaber93 at May 10, 2008,
Quote by PlayMadness

There's a difference between acknowledging that another person is good looking and being attracted to them.

Because it's gay!!!!!!!1!!!!1!1!!

Queer.

Quote by SkateEmerica987
I think its fine to say a guys good looking, as long as your not attracted to them.

Why would it not be fine to be attracted to them? Hmmm?!
Quote by isuckhardcore
You need to grow up.
Quote by guitartaber93
Thet's...nice...i do the jokingly way, but not that way...

So, how's your penis?

When I was a freshman, a friend of mine and I were having a serious chat, and suddenly he says "Why don't you get a girlfriend? You're attractive".

.....awkward silence and nervous chatter followed.
personally its because i dont care what other guys look like although im sure there are other reasons.
Quote by CowboyUp
When I was a freshman, a friend of mine and I were having a serious chat, and suddenly he says "Why don't you get a girlfriend? You're attractive".

.....awkward silence and nervous chatter followed.

Hahaha! That's awesome.

I say things like that, it has different weird undertones though. They know I am gay, which makes it weird, but I acknowledge that they are straight so that kind of cancels it out. But they still get weirded out?

Like: "Oh yeah, you're good looking, you could get a girlfriend if you wanted...

...Or a boyfriend."

What am I doing wrong?
Quote by SkateEmerica987

If your not attracted to them then they wouldn't be good looking?
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Hahaha! That's awesome.

I say things like that, it has different weird undertones though. They know I am gay, which makes it weird, but I acknowledge that they are straight so that kind of cancels it out. But they still get weirded out?

Like: "Oh yeah, you're good looking, you could get a girlfriend if you wanted...

...Or a boyfriend."

What am I doing wrong?

I can imagine being a little weirded out. I even get creeped out when I find out that girls are crushing on me.

I was more creeped out my by friend saying that because I'm highly unattractive, and
he's loudly homophobic, which leads me to wonder if he's got weird ass secrets or something

"It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose!"

Quote by SkateEmerica987

Either you worded that wrong, or you're a moron.
sup?
I feel secure about my sexuality. I know I don't have physical attraction for other men. I often say to my friends/people on TV that they look good, and I'm not ashamed of it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Page 1 of 2