Check it out. Everything's stock, plays suprisingly well, pickups are a little below average, not that bad though. hardware is pretty decent as is the electronics. I'd be happy to answer any questions!

EDIT: Pics fixed
Last edited by allstar340 at May 10, 2008,
man...thats awesome!
ive always wanted to build one...how long did it take you?

great job!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
well the longest part is the painting. it took a while, with me not even really doing anything. my father's friend painted the thing, he works in a car body place. getting it together and all the electronics and stuff isn't hard at all. it took me 2 moths of actual work maybe. and that's just because im somewhat lazy.

If you're thinking about it, I'd say definitely look into the Saga kits, it's a great learning experience and you get yourself a decent guitar out of it too.

If you have more money defintely look at warmoth, they've got some great stuff over there. From what I've heard the quality is amazing also.
Last edited by allstar340 at May 10, 2008,
OH... MY... GOD!!!
If I made a guitar I would want to make one like yours... lol
what type of wood did you use to the body, fretboard and neck? and where did you get the plans?

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by Bleeding_me
OH... MY... GOD!!!
If I made a guitar I would want to make one like yours... lol
what type of wood did you use to the body, fretboard and neck? and where did you get the plans?

its from a Saga Les Paul Kit. google that, im too lazy. IT has a flame maple top, binding basswood body. i just chose to paint over the top because it wasn't that nice. fretboard is rosewood, maple neck. no plans the whole thing was already shaped it was just painting, finishing, shaping the headstock and putting it together (hardware, electronics etc)
That's awesome! I want one in black . . .
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Imo, you've ruined that guitar with the picguard. it looked better with out. but then I hate LPs with pickguards. just looks out of place. but if you like it, that's all that matters.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Last edited by funguy at May 22, 2008,
that is awesome dude, like a muscle car of a les paul'

and the diamond plate pickguard and silver knobs are badass
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Love the paint job, the lines on the flames are nice and sharp, makes for good contrast.
I know you said your dads friend did the paint work, but do you know how he did the blue bursts in the flames at the bottom?
he i was wondering if it was worth the moey and what do u think of this http://www.themusicking.co.uk/build-your-own-electric-guitar-t-style-left-or-right-handed
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
he i was wondering if it was worth the moey and what do u think of this http://www.themusicking.co.uk/build-your-own-electric-guitar-t-style-left-or-right-handed

I really wasn't expecting anything amazing out of the guitar, considering I just got a Schecter C-1 Classic for my b-day. But it is a pretty good guitar, and even if it wasn't- I'd like to build a guitar from scratch later on and I think this helped me to understand some of the basics of putting a guitar together, wiring it up etc. So I do feel it was worth the money. And I have no clue about that kit, looks similar to a saga kit, try to find someone whos bought one or reviews somewhere.
Quote by Dan_J
Love the paint job, the lines on the flames are nice and sharp, makes for good contrast.
I know you said your dads friend did the paint work, but do you know how he did the blue bursts in the flames at the bottom?

sorry, i dont. I do know he's very experienced though.
Quote by strat212
that is awesome dude, like a muscle car of a les paul'

and the diamond plate pickguard and silver knobs are badass

Thanks alot! thats exactly what I was goin for!
alright i have a new question, and i didnt want to start a new thread about it cause it's probably against the rules. maybe someone will help me out here.
I'm thinking about buying a Fernandes sustainer fsk 101 kit. i dont like the neck pickup on this guitar anyways, its extremely muddy.
But anyways I don't have a router, or anything like that. and im wondering if i need to route room for the sustainer board,battery etc. and could i do this somehow with hand tools and without a router?
thanks to anyone who might help here.
Quote by Dan_J

I think i'm right in saying its been airbrushed, so the white has been airbrushed over the blue leaving the blue spots. Nice guitar btw.
I like the paint job. But i just hate Saga kits don't know why...But good job now build your own!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2