Im looking for a good guitar for under 700$.
I really like Floyd Rose's and something i\that has a fast, cut neck(because i dont have that big of hands)
I like playing Metal/Old Rock, like ACDC, Metallica, Megadeth, and new stuff like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium.
I like the Emg sound the best, but I also like seymour duncans. I like something that has 2 humbuckers. also something thats light, and shaped like a strat, or flying v. Any shape really, except for the les paul shape.
Im a huge fan of dean and ESP guitars, but ibanez and jackson come in a close second. I've heard Schecters are really good, but I haven't tried any out yet (i can't find any schecters in the chilliwack/abbotsford/langley british columbia area)

Help is awesome, and thanks alot

Help is much appreciated
you're describing a Schecter pretty much. C-1, any model with a Floyd Rose.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Jackson DKMG dinky
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Yeah, Schecter's are good. The neck isn't quite as thin as an ibanez, but it fits me well. I dunno of any good Jacksons for under like, a grand...So, my suggestions (may be a little biased... ) are a Schecter model with an FR, or a Jackson Dinky (it's right at $700...Could probably get it for less at a store)
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
So do you think I should try out the schecter?
and i tried out this ibanez the other day. it kicked so much ass!
the body was really thin, is had a floyd in it, super light, but it had these weird knock off emgs called INF's i think. can anyone tell me what kind of guitar this is? cause i forgot
BTW it was 649$
schecter or esp.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
and if i do get a schecter, what kind of schecter should i get? (i mean what kind of hellraiser)
Quote by KirknRandall
the body was really thin, is had a floyd in it, super light, but it had these weird knock off emgs called INF's i think. can anyone tell me what kind of guitar this is? cause i forgot
BTW it was 649$

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

is that the one ?
I would say Schecter. Quality of them is quite amazing for the price.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
exact one! except it was all pure blackm, and i was mistaken, it did have a pickup in the middle.
but thats not the point. what kind of hellraiser is the best for under 700?
ESP LTD's M/MH series guitars (400 and up) or Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR. I've got average/smallish hands, and I find Schecter profiles pretty comfortable, but I know some people find them to be chunky for some reason.
Jackson RR3 has a thin neck, LFR, Duncans and is under $700. I played one the other day and fell in love.
I also tryed out the RR3. beuatiful guitar, with floyd. just for some reason, i cant seem to like it.
these are a few I found on musiciansfriend.com with emg's
Jackson WRMG Warrior with EMG $749.00
ESP LTD KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature Model Electric Guitar $429.00
Jackson DKMG Dinky 699-799.00
Jackson MG Series DXMG Dinky Electric Guitar $449.00
ESP LTD MH-400 Electric Guitar 699.00
Last edited by vaix77 at May 11, 2008,
i have tried the kh202, i love kirk hammett, not a huge fan of that guitar though.
and honestly, i dont really like the dinkys. i like everything that jackson has except fo rthe dinkys.
i completely agree!!!! those were just a few i found. out of those i would probably go with the esp ltd mh-400
Quote by KirknRandall
Im looking for a good guitar for under 700$.
I really like Floyd Rose's and something i\that has a fast, cut neck(because i dont have that big of hands)
I like playing Metal/Old Rock, like ACDC, Metallica, Megadeth, and new stuff like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium.
I like the Emg sound the best, but I also like seymour duncans. I like something that has 2 humbuckers. also something thats light, and shaped like a strat, or flying v. Any shape really, except for the les paul shape.
Im a huge fan of dean and ESP guitars, but ibanez and jackson come in a close second. I've heard Schecters are really good, but I haven't tried any out yet (i can't find any schecters in the chilliwack/abbotsford/langley british columbia area)

Help is awesome, and thanks alot

Help is much appreciated

Lower mainland UG'ers FTW

Mission here. I know my freind got a Schecter and he lives around here, but I think he got it in Vancouver.
Quote by KirknRandall
BTW it was 649$

Thats an S series.
Thanks, ill look it up on musiciansfriend.
and yeah go mainland!
but i live in chilliwack, thats nearly 2 hours from Vancouver..
but theres some place in coquitlim that sells 'em, ill check it out sometime.
and to vai:
yeah, i tried the mh-400, its probably the number 2 guitar i like the best, behind the s series guitar the poster above mentioned.