Does anyone ever have that thing where your pinky kinda locks up ???
idk how else to explain it but i was just wondering if other people had this...
You could do with massaging your arms, wrists, hands and fingers to stimulate blood flow; and go through some gentle stretching exercises before you play. Try not to overdo the guitar playing - if your joints start to lock up, stop playing and spend some time easing off the tension in your muscles.
I think I know what you're talking about.

Strangely enough, I don't think I've ever gotten it when playing guitar, but it happens pretty frequently on the rare occasion I play guitar hero.
kill all humans
occasionally i get it, i havent found a way to stop it or prevent

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Your pinky is always going to move with your ring finger and get a little stuck when used incorrectly, that's just the way our hands are designed. The lock up will go away as you practice. Trust me, I found out the long way (I made a thread back in the day expressly stating that I would not use my pinky. God I was such a tool )
i used to have the same thing..it bugged me like none other. but once you use it enough on its own and keep playing/practicing it shouldnt lock up anymore
Quote by babydinosaur
Does anyone ever have that thing where your pinky kinda locks up ???
idk how else to explain it but i was just wondering if other people had this...

It could just indicate that your pinky is not strong enough right now; in order to get it up to strength, make sure you not only work it out, but promote finger independence. For example, instead of playing a chromatic exercise like 1-2-3-4 straight up and down across all strings, vary up the order you play in, for example this:
e
B
G
D
A------------------------------1234-2341-3412-4123-------------------------
E-1234-2341-3412-4123------------------------------------------------------
And so on. It'll help to ensure your fingers don't get locked into certain patterns and build up finger strength while you're at it.