Page 1 of 5
And they were incredible! I'll go into detail so I don't sound like a fanboy:

Now I own both of Panic's albums. IMO they're good and they keep me listening. Not my favorite band, but the talent is there. So I saw them live in Wallingford, CT. I went to see Motion City Soundtrack because they're my favorite band, but I stuck around for Panic as well. And I was blown away! Anybody who's heard their studio work knows it's overproduced. I don't mind; I think a recorded work should sound as good as possible. But live it was stripped down without ruining any elements of the songs. And here's the interesting part: all of their old songs were played completely differently! Different key, different arrangements, extra guitar solos.. you name it. They were genuinely talented: they played bar chords, 7th chords, they knew their way around the fretboard, there was even a song where the lead singer (who played guitar throughout) and bassist switched instruments. This band is just a bunch of guys with talent who caught a good break.

And it gets better: no eyeliner! That is, not on the band. The 11 year old girls were all there, but at least they were out of the pit

Discuss?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
No. You're wrong. Go home.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Meh, there are worse bands I suppose, like The Spill Canvas...

God, The Spill Canvas.....
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Doesn't matter what you say, everyone here is still going to call them emo fag-bags.

I personally like them, but never got the chance to see them live. Really hope to, though.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
that's cool you like them but it's not a smart idea saying you like them on UG. A majority of the people who bash the band are homophobic and hates them because they think Panic at the Disco is emo even though I haven't heard a single emo sounding line in the songs that I have heard from then.
Not necessarily my kind of music, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos

I don't know whether this is a troll or for real.

No, I'm not a troll. Just somebody with an open mind.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by metal4life592
Not necessarily my kind of music, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

This.

Quote by fob12
You listen to those fags?

Leave.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Glad you enjoyed it, but bar chords aren't really advanced. Neither are 7ths. And *hands flame shield* You'll need this.
Quote by stradivari310
And they were incredible! I'll go into detail so I don't sound like a fanboy:

Now I own both of Panic's albums. IMO they're good and they keep me listening. Not my favorite band, but the talent is there. So I saw them live in Wallingford, CT. I went to see Motion City Soundtrack because they're my favorite band, but I stuck around for Panic as well. And I was blown away! Anybody who's heard their studio work knows it's overproduced. I don't mind; I think a recorded work should sound as good as possible. But live it was stripped down without ruining any elements of the songs. And here's the interesting part: all of their old songs were played completely differently! Different key, different arrangements, extra guitar solos.. you name it. They were genuinely talented: they played bar chords, 7th chords, they knew their way around the fretboard, there was even a song where the lead singer (who played guitar throughout) and bassist switched instruments. This band is just a bunch of guys with talent who caught a good break.

And it gets better: no eyeliner! That is, not on the band. The 11 year old girls were all there, but at least they were out of the pit

Discuss?

WOW!
Quote by InvaderTSN
There was a pit at a Panic at the Disco concert? Seriously?

I'm surprised that there was anyone there to begin with.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by chinkboy7
that's cool you like them but it's not a smart idea saying you like them on UG. A majority of the people who bash the band are homophobic and hates them because they think Panic at the Disco is emo even though I haven't heard a single emo sounding line in the songs that I have heard from then.

Not like emo = homophobic?
hence, by your logic, emo=....gay?
Quote by stradivari310

That's good then, I have alot of friends that like the band, I just never really got into that kind of music.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by fob12

Says the person with "FOB" in their username. I smell a contradiction.

Quote by fretsonfire74
Glad you enjoyed it, but bar chords aren't really advanced. Neither are 7ths. And *hands flame shield* You'll need this.

I know that, but I was just making the point that they play more than powerchords, as so many seem to think. Just saying they are better than the average pop-punk 12 year old and at least deserve to play a guitar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by fretsonfire74

he needs more than just a flame sheild he needs a super flame shield
Quote by TooFast
This.

Leave.

Okay mr. internet.

Quote by stradivari310
Says the person with "FOB" in their username. I smell a contradiction.

No, no contradiction. Fall Out Boy are fags too, and my name has no relation to them.
you realize that I can do all those things too? where's my record deal, hmmm?

Quote by fob12

No, no contradiction. Fall Out Boy are fags too, and my name has no relation to them.

just like my username has nothing to do with Blink 182. I'm sure those letters are just your great-grandmother's initials, right? riiiight, likely story. As it turns out 182 is the first part of my social security number...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Last edited by theking182 at May 11, 2008,
Quote by stradivari310

Oh come now. Does that make you feel better?
Just having a laugh
Hurp De Durp
They appear to be very talented musicians. They're style of music does not seem to fall within the confine of my (or anyone else's for that matter) taste.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
That sounds awesome seeing as though I have their first album and thought the electro stuff was a bit tacked-on. Motion City are better though.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
I'll semi-agree with you on this one. I like their new album, don't care too much for the old one. But if i saw them live, I bet I'd be on the same page.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
The guitarist and bassist switched instruments? That's insane!

Seriously, though, good for you. None of that stuff is really difficult, and it's not my type of music, but cool.
Also, that pit must have really sucked.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
That's cool that you liked the show, but this should really be in the Bands and Artists forum. You'll get slightly less flaming there.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
That sounds awesome seeing as though I have their first album and thought the electro stuff was a bit tacked-on. Motion City are better though.

Obviously.. they were the whole reason I went. And they were freaking amazing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by SOADrox429
The guitarist and bassist switched instruments? That's insane!

Seriously, though, good for you. None of that stuff is really difficult, and it's not my type of music, but cool.
Also, that pit must have really sucked.

haha yeah, the pit really did suck. But it was good during MCS's set.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by TooFast

Leave.

+1
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by srv_king
bar chords and 7th chords, you cant be serious!!!!

Once again, I'm just pointing out that they play more than powerchords.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by fob12

GTFO

Your name is fall out boy...
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by stradivari310
haha yeah, the pit really did suck. But it was good during MCS's set.

... Right... Because they're totally... Hardcore and stuff... Right?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by fob12
Okay mr. internet.

Well, sorry, but I really don't like ignorant people who can't respect people's opinions and tastes.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Page 1 of 5