So I just got back from a local county talent show. I played Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan, and nailed it. It sounded similar to the song "Em Blues Jam" on my UG profile.

So, the interesting part of the story.

I was disqualified because the judges thought that my backing track actually had Stevie Ray on it.

Obviously, it didn't. I just ripped up major ass tonight.

Thoughts?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Your e-**** is HUGE! Lucky.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by InvaderTSN
You should've busted out Texas Flood when they called you out.

+1000

You're a bad-ass if you played so well the judges thought it was Stevie himself...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Did any of your friends record it? I'd like to hear that. And what kind of retarded judges don't double check the backtrack?
Quote by third-eye
couldnt you have just played them the track to prove it?

or are you a LIAR?!

I would have. I heard about it after the award ceremony. I talked to one of the judges, who LOVED my performance.

She explained... one of the men on the judges liked it and recognized that I was doing it right as he was an ex-bassist for a local blues band, but the other man called BS. So that guy screwed me over.

I left the CD in the guys hands, I hope the judges hear it.
-Jim Morrison
Generally, most talent shows don't appoint judges that know much about anything really.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by fob12
Did any of your friends record it? I'd like to hear that. And what kind of retarded judges don't double check the backtrack?

My parents got it on video, I'm hitting it up on youtube in a bit. I don't think its extraordinary, I just think the judges are retards. I didn't even play the same solos as SRV did, so obviously they don't know their SRV...

I intend on getting it uploaded to youtube next week, I dont have a way of doing it here at home but I do at school.
-Jim Morrison
you should have played it agian maybe with your amp unpluged or if hearing was an issue mess with the sound before playing it again. good job though