so yea, which guitars can an edge pro bridge fit into? can they fit into any rg model guitars? and if so, how much would it cost to install?
*cough*routing*cough*
no
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
damn, i thought it would fit...

oh well if it won't fit then whats the best tremolo bridge that WILL fit into an rg model
Edge Pro and Original Floyd rose will directly swap Edge III... Jesus...
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Oh BTW OFR is better and cheaper than Edge Pro so yea... They are both great trems but Edge Pro is ridiculously priced at around $250 while the better OFR is only $180 at Warmoth (where I got it).

Schaller Licensed FR, even though a great trem with matching measuring also, will not fit because the pivots are too close to the posts.

Quote by SQHero
Edge Pro and Original Floyd rose will directly swap Edge III... Jesus...

Original will but i am 90% sure that Pro need some routing due to how wide it is
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
No Pro fits 100%. Check Jemsite.com

Is OFR really better than edge pro, or edge original? I got OFRs for all my RGs, but that is because i thought the Edge ones would need too much work to be used.
Quote by SQHero
No Pro fits 100%. Check Jemsite.com

sweet... doesn't matter for me anyways i always get schaller... actually i never get ibanez so i never get edge.
edit:i always get a guitar with schaller put in or once i can replace with a schaller... unless i don't want a floyd
-George Will

OFR is better than Pro. Edge Original is equal to OFR. It sounds warmer than the steel OFR (I prefer the brighter OFR sound though...) and feels smoother, but less flutter.

Quote by SQHero
OFR is better than Pro. Edge Original is equal to OFR. It sounds warmer than the steel OFR (I prefer the brighter OFR sound though...) and feels smoother, but less flutter.

Disregard that. Play some guitars w/ edge pros and compare them to guitars w/ OFRs. Then make your own decision, don't let someone else guide your opinion.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Disregard that. Play some guitars w/ edge pros and compare them to guitars w/ OFRs. Then make your own decision, don't let someone else guide your opinion.

I have played them, but I thought they were both the same thing. The OFR flutters a lot better, but the Edge was WAY smoother. However, I havent owned an edge pro for long. A day or two is not enough time to judge such a thing. Most people here say the edge III sucks, and I had it installed in the RG and well, it was just like the edge pro, as far as being smooth and staying in tune. I never got to see problems with it wearing out.

I hear the OFR is the most durable am i right. If it is then it is definatelly the best.
Quote by nyandres
I have played them, but I thought they were both the same thing. The OFR flutters a lot better, but the Edge was WAY smoother. However, I havent owned an edge pro for long. A day or two is not enough time to judge such a thing. Most people here say the edge III sucks, and I had it installed in the RG and well, it was just like the edge pro, as far as being smooth and staying in tune. I never got to see problems with it wearing out.

I hear the OFR is the most durable am i right. If it is then it is definatelly the best.

Not necessarily. The Edge Pro lasts around the same length as the OFR, so it's up to you which one you like more. Like I side, keep messing around w/ either or, and figure out which one you like from there.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead