Page 1 of 5
I know I made a thread related to smoking yesterday, but this is a different question.

My sister said that the only reason people smoke is to look cool, or peer pressure, etc. She said that they don't make people feel relaxed or anything along those lines.

I personally disagree, even though I'm also not a smoker. But I was hoping maybe someone here might smoke.....
I smoke because I enjoy the effects of nicotine. It wakes me up in the morning and it helps me relax at night.
It's relaxing effect only takes place after you've become addicted to it.
Hi, how are you?
They do it because blowing black smoke out of your mouth looks cool and impresses the ladies. (slutty ones)

Seriously, it's a social thing, or a form of escapism.
I smoke, because it is relaxing, but I would prefer to smoke weed over a cig anyday.

Why would people smoke when no one is around if they where doing it to be cool?
Quote by ldl67
I think smoking is also a kind of social activity as well..

This is true.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by The Madcap
I know I made a thread related to smoking yesterday, but this is a different question.

My sister said that the only reason people smoke is to look cool, or peer pressure, etc. She said that they don't make people feel relaxed or anything along those lines.

I personally disagree, even though I'm also not a smoker. But I was hoping maybe someone here might smoke.....

would you quote this post and post one of those things? i want to sig it and write "the madcap laughs" under it. puh-leeeeeez?

In response to your question though, i think that to some extent people get pressured into it, but after that they either choose to pursue it on their own or just never do it again...?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by XxX_CkY_XxX
I smoke, because it is relaxing, but I would prefer to smoke weed over a cig anyday.

Why would people smoke when no one is around if they where doing it to be cool?
Addiction?
It becomes relaxing when the nicotine starts to get in your system (making you addicted, so after that, you get your fix everytime you smoke and get relieved).
It goes both ways, imo.

I know some people who used to smoke, because it was the "in" thing to do. On the other hand, I also know people who smoke strictly because it relaxes them.
i agree with your sister. i only smoke to look cool, nothin is sexyier than playing guitar with a fag in ur mouth...or a cig
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
When you first start they make you lightheaded and kind of get you high for a few seconds. Then you get addicted, which is the real reason most people smoke.

I enjoy a cigar every once in a while, it is relaxing. It makes you look cool too, but if you're smoking just to look cool you probably aren't very cool in the first place.
Quote by theking182
would you quote this post and post one of those things? i want to sig it and write "the madcap laughs" under it. puh-leeeeeez?

In response to your question though, i think that to some extent people get pressured into it, but after that they either choose to pursue it on their own or just never do it again...?
Quote by theking182

That would ruin it... It makes it seem kind of... forced and fake...
sup?
I smoked socially for a few weeks, then stopped (not really quitting). It can be relaxing, but I mostly did it just to be involved. My best friend smoked socially for a while, then got addicted, smoked for the relaxation etc. and is now on the patch (it's working out well).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by twolostsouls
It's relaxing effect only takes place after you've become addicted to it.

Not true, you can feel the effects the first time you smoke.
Quote by The Madcap

thanks
And if the Devil is 6,

yo ive been smokin blunts all day
its a great way to spend a nice day outside without ever gettin bored and running back inside but you cant do it everyday
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by NegativeCreep38

Really? I sure as hell didn't.
Hi, how are you?
Smoking is paying money to physically hurt yourself.

Ive worked in a supermarket (grocery store) for 5 years, and i can tell by everyones face who smokes and who doesnt.

Dont smoke guys.
I actually have a bad habit of having to need things in my mouth, and the warmness of smokes is rly relaxing to me.
Quote by The Madcap

I don't smoke..but I have friends that do. And they say it does calm them down and give them sort of a buzz. People also do it socially at parties and stuff..usually they'll smoke marijuana too..but that's another story.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by grunger
Smoking is paying money to physically hurt yourself.
So is eating fast food, or foods that are very unhealthy, for reasoning that typically isn't any greater than why smokers smoke.
Yea, It can be a social thing, like instead of going to have a beer, which would be longer, you go out for a quick smoke.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by The Madcap
So is eating fast food, or foods that are very unhealthy, for reasoning that typically isn't any greater than why smokers smoke.

Eh my grandad died of it, so soughta seen a lot of it to be against it man.
Quote by The Madcap

Food is vital to live.
smoking is social, anti-social, rebellious, it aids in digestion, you do get nicotarded(a buzz) when you smoke too quickly or haven't smoked in a long time. to tell you the truth, i was never pressured into smoking. hell, my grandfather told me he'd break my legs if he ever found out i smoked. i started my freshman year of high school. i just saw a friend of mine's pack and lit a cig out of it and i've been smoking for 7 years now. there was no peer pressure, i just did it.
Quote by fob12
Food is vital to live.

So is air. It's just the type of air you breathe in.
Hi, how are you?
Quote by fob12
Healthy food is vital to live.

Fixed.
You could eat ONLY McDonald's for your entire life, but would you? No. Why? Because you know deep down that it would kill you.

and please, someone tell me they saw wat i did thar V!
And if the Devil is 6,

Last edited by theking182 at May 11, 2008,
Quote by grunger
The good choice is to not smoke. Doesnt matter what kind of cig you are smoking, AT ALL DOES DAMAGE.
Eh, not everyone wants to live to be 90.
Smoking is fine, as long as, like everything else, it's in moderation.
Hi, how are you?
My great uncle died of emphysema... At age eighty-something... I think smoking is not the smartest decision to make, though some people exaggerate the negative effects of cigarettes.
sup?
Quote by theking182
Fixed.
You could eat ONLY McDonald's for your entire life, but would you? No. Why? Because you know deep down that it would kill you.

Good point. But, that's our choice. Regardless, we'd still live past 50 with whatever food we chose to eat. If you wanted to live longer, you eat healthier.

@twosouls: That's a bad point, considering you don't choose to breath air, and how smoking isn't even air, or necessary in anyway.
Quote by The Madcap

Nope, she's right.

Here's the paraphrased definition of the pleasure of smoking according to a book by "Allen Carr".
The pleasure or relaxation that smokers feel, is like the one that a man banging his head against the wall would feel once he stops, or the pleasure that a man wearing a small shoe would feel once he takes it out.

If you didn't smoke, you wouldn't be banging your head on the wall or wearing a small shoe.

Quote by NegativeCreep38

Wrong. If you felt something, it was all in your head.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at May 11, 2008,
Page 1 of 5