what color is the back of the guitar and back of the neck. the picture at MusiciansFriends makes it look black

thanks
If it's painted don't get it.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by SQHero
If it's painted don't get it.

what color is it supposed to be
Like dark mahogany... like most painted LP necks.

Quote by SQHero
Like dark mahogany... like most painted LP necks.

why should i not buy one then
Moisture on the paint will make it sticky. If you play rhythm or easy rock riffs then that's no big deal.

Quote by SQHero
Moisture on the paint will make it sticky. If you play rhythm or easy rock riffs then that's no big deal.

dude, youve like totally lost me

i just wanted to know if the back of these are black. then you asked if its painted.... idk, its just a stock Epi pic i guess. then you bring up moisture???

im lost
It's not black. Every picture I've seen, the honey burst is a slightly transparent dark brown on the back. All the other Epi Standards have finishes like that too on the back, so it makes sense the honey bursts back is like it's front burst colour.

Could be wrong though. Honey burst is the one Epi finish I've not yet seen in person, and in pictures sometimes it looks black and in other pictures it looks almost exactly the same as a Cherry burst finish.

For what it's worth though, whether it's black, brown, bright pink or whatever, it shouldn't make a difference in terms of playing, it will be a purely aesthetic change. All the Epi guitars are made with the same plastic-based poly finish so it will feel the same regardless of colour. Also as for the 'stickiness', I've never found that's a problem with the Epi necks. I think it's because the poly finish reacts to heat differently to a traditional nitro finish.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's not black. Every picture I've seen, the honey burst is a slightly transparent dark brown on the back. All the other Epi Standards have finishes like that too on the back, so it makes sense the honey bursts back is like it's front burst colour.

Could be wrong though. Honey burst is the one Epi finish I've not yet seen in person, and in pictures sometimes it looks black and in other pictures it looks almost exactly the same as a Cherry burst finish.

For what it's worth though, whether it's black, brown, bright pink or whatever, it shouldn't make a difference in terms of playing, it will be a purely aesthetic change. All the Epi guitars are made with the same plastic-based poly finish so it will feel the same regardless of colour. Also as for the 'stickiness', I've never found that's a problem with the Epi necks. I think it's because the poly finish reacts to heat differently to a traditional nitro finish.

do you know if the Gibson SG Standard has a nitro finish? i use to have one and it played fine.

thanks