Basically my '68 Fender Princeton is in desperate need of a good overdrive. I'd prefer going into higher gain levels but definately don't want to lose the character of the amp. Low gain metal is not an oxymoron.
i have a 'white guitar'
I'm going to recommend this having not actually used the thing but I have played a Princeton.

I'd say the Keeley TS9DX Flexi. It was about $180, I don't know what it is now. Expensive, but I think an extremely modded high gain Tube Screamer would just sound killer with a princeton. Of course, they are expensive.
I'm hungry.
ok

well i'm pretty sure the new princetons don't sound at all similar, but for a general idea on 10 it sounds very 'cripsy'. like, not really crunchy, but crispy. kind of ac/dc deep purpleish. It's a kind of really really clear distortion with really good responsiveness, but its not exactly thick. Not muddy at all either.

and I usually play this thing on 2 because i have to.
i have a 'white guitar'
It is a Princeton or a Princeton Reverb? The Princeton will barely get any overdrive at all, even at 10.
Maybe go for a boost to drive the valves harder such as a Fulltone OCD?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Mod it into a Mesa Mark I. That should fix the problem.

Nah, JK. Try a Visual Sound Double Trouble. It has quite a bit of drive on tap.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.