Well, I bought one and played it for about a week. The reviews raved about them so I figured I would give it a shot. For that week I was satisfied. Tonight, I A-B'ed it with my Fender Frontman 25R that is about 7 years old. Here are the results:

The Super Champ sounds much like any other modeling amp (which it is), like a blanket has been thrown over it. This being said, it does blow other modelers in its price range out of the water. It is very difficult to dial out but does sound better at higher volumes. There are only three or 4 different voicings that sound decent, those are the Blackface, Overdriven Bassman, Champ, and Plexi settings. The super champ is also limited in its tones because there is no mid control. The FX are not very customizable but what they do, they do very well. Generally, the distortion and overdrive sounds are just very fizzy and harsh except for the hot rod and the bassman models which are muddy, and flat. The metal settings are just plain harsh and unusable. Overall, the amp just sounds like a blanket has been thrown over it. That said, it is better than any other modeler for the price and is very very loud.

Compared to the Frontman, the Frontman's clean channel sounds a little more modern voiced. It responds better to the guitar, the pickups, and your pick attack. The clean channel can also be dialed in to sound more like a classic fender. It clips very little if at all until the speaker starts to give in. The distortion channel can get much heavier than anything on the super champ. It is a bit fizzy but not too bad for SS. It is like a mentally challenged SS recreation of a Recto. It can also sound like a heavily overdriven marshall (think lesser gain iron maiden to Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo) It can also be very bluesy with the gain rolled back to 2-3 and the volume on the guitar cut a little.

Anyways, my point is for all of the 'voices' on the super champ only a few are usable and it still doesn't sound as good as my SS. For the money, you are better off buying a blackheart or epi valve jr or saving your money. The Digital preamp with the Tube power section did not combine like I had hoped they would.

I am returning the amp on Tuesday after retesting them with louder volumes on Monday. I will also try to make some soundclips with my poor computer mic.
I'm hungry.
Thanks for that. I was seriously thinking about buying one. Now I wont. Especially after hearing similiar views. Guess I'll go a head and get a Peavey Bandit instead.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
I tried out the Vibro Champ and was far from impressed. If you need modelling, then it's a toss up between the Champ and Valvetronix, but for £200-ish (UK) you'd be better off with a Laney VC-15.

Black Mesa, you'd be better off saving some more money and getting a nice valve combo.
You're comparing a Frontman to a Super Champ XD?

And you say the Frontman has some better tone for some things?

....Either the Super Champ is utterly horrific and crap, or your ear for tone isn't particularly developed.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
You're comparing a Frontman to a Super Champ XD?

And you say the Frontman has some better tone for some things?

....Either the Super Champ is utterly horrific and crap, or your ear for tone isn't particularly developed.

There's a few issue here:
a) Super Champ XD is made in China. Frontman, especially on the early version – could it be made somewhere else?
b) Did he play it with suitable power amp sound? If he only turn up on the preamp volume, then it could be an issue.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
How does it being made in China affect it?
Return it, wait a month, buy a Princeton Reverb reissue. And learn how to EQ, there is no need for a mids control.
Quote by MrCarrot
PRINCETON REVERB REISSUE!?

YES!

It will be released in June. It'll apparently cost $150 less than the Deluxe Reverb.
Quote by mr_hankey
YES!

It will be released in June. It'll apparently cost $150 less than the Deluxe Reverb.

Oh boy!
Quote by mr_hankey
YES!

and you already know how it sounds, seeing as you recommended it to the TS ?
Once again the "try before you buy" rears it's ugly head.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by mr_hankey
YES!

OMFG.

Hmmmm.

I wonder what that'll be in European prices once you get 'Fenderflation'.

And indeed, if it will be any good.
I said in my post that I haven't A-B'ed them at higher volumes. I know that the champ sounds much better at higher volumes.

And in this case, a 30 day return policy is my try before you buy. The shops around here don't carry it in store. especially the GC which carries 3 different amps at a time.

I bought this amp hoping to have a great practice amp for home and grab and go for band practice. It DOES sound better at higher volumes. I know this already. I know the FM sounds flabby at higher volumes.

When you buy a modeling amp you expect DECENT tones from about half the voices. They should be varied. For instance, it should be able to do a decent metal tone, hard rock tone, classic overdrive, and clean. This amp does a decent clean and decent overdrive. Not really the other two though. Keep in mind this IS a practice amp and should be able to sound decent at low volumes. This does not. For $300 US you might as well buy a small tube combo that does those first two sounds very well and for another 100 bucks for a nice pedal such as a Metal Muff, you can get the other sounds as well.

BTW I have played the FM and the SC in unison and it sounds pretty thick. Their faults cancel each other out instead of uniting to make a small wall of crap.
I'm hungry.
Strange I have had about 14 different fender amps and the xd is what it is a practice amp with fenderish cleans. The speaker is the weakest link. Emulation is ok but not great. But me thinks your tone deaf if you think the other amp is better. But oh well to each their own.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by greggybhoy

Black Mesa, you'd be better off saving some more money and getting a nice valve combo.

I'd love to but the tube combos Ive tried out have been too freakin loud for what I need one for. I almost bought the VK112 but couldn't really see using it past 2. Even at 2 its loud.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube