Is this a big deal? I'm getting a Shecter Hellraiser C-1 FR soon and I'm going to be changing the pickups out for Seymour Duncan Invaders. This is the first time I've ever had a guitar with EMG's in it and I heard they are a pain to swap out because they are active.

Will it be a problem because the EMG's are active and the Invaders are passive? What's the procedure?

thanks
It will be a bit of a hassle but shouldn't be much work if you're doing it yourself. Going from passive to active is harder than active to passive... I think. But if you're getting them professionally swapped it'll probably cost a little extra. As for much how much, that's where I stop being helpful.
I don't see why it would be a problem..They're only pickups, and if it seems like it will be hard Get a friend or take it to a music store and get it done..You can mail me the EMG's Afterwards:P
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Quote by StealthyHayze
Or you could just with some nice blackouts....

Or that...
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Why would you take out perfectly good pickups and put in Invaders?

But anyway, if you're switching them out for passives, you'll have to buy new pots, as I've never seen them supplied with passive pickups.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks,

I don't really care for the sound of the EMG's through my amp so I thought I might go for passive pickups and I heard good things about the Invaders.

That's really where my knowledge of high output pickups stops though :P
Quote by The Lesser Paul
Thanks,

I don't really care for the sound of the EMG's through my amp so I thought I might go for passive pickups and I heard good things about the Invaders.

What amp do you have?
Quote by The Lesser Paul
Thanks,

Well prepare to hear alot of bad press regarding the SD Invaders. I personally have a set in my washburn and i find them to be lacking low mids which essentially leads to muddiness, or the inability to cut through the mix of a live situation. That is the main complaint people including me have with them.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
that would be to downgrade, mate. Invaders sound far worse than the EMGs. The other guitarist in my band had an Invader in his Charvel, and it just didn't cut it. The guitar I had back then, Epi Explorer w/ EMGs was a lot better sounding, through the same amp
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball