I think I have finally ended my quest for a new amp. This Ashdown MAG 410 is it. If I can find it in a local music store or craigslist or something I will try it out. How many of you have this amp and whats good about it?
I don't have that particular amp, but I have a different MAG. The MAG series is solid.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
There are loads of us with this amp!

I've got it and it's served me well so far and undoubtedly will well into the future. As a gigging musician reliability is key and the MAG has it. I bought it second hand off another forum user (Forcemaster), it was 18months old. Must be about 2 years old now. It all works, nothing wrong with it, both me and sam have gigged with it and its done its job with some style.

The DI out is good, and the speakers give a well balenced but more middy tone. Tweeter adds the sparkle and the EQ is pretty decent and is well supplimented by the deep and high +10dB switches.

The only thing missing is a 1x15! But I dont have the room or the money to get one.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I played it and it was shockingly average. Maybe it was because I was playing it with a Furman and a SansAmp that made it sound so average, but that was just the feeling I got. It sounded like every other amp I've ever heard. It'll do fine as an intermediate amp, but it's blown way out of proportion on these forums.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I played it and it was shockingly average. Maybe it was because I was playing it with a Furman and a SansAmp that made it sound so average, but that was just the feeling I got. It sounded like every other amp I've ever heard. It'll do fine as an intermediate amp, but it's blown way out of proportion on these forums.

Not for the price, espicially in the UK.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

I know what you mean. The tone isnt spectacular but I believe its better than anything else in the £300-£400 range. What else is there in that range - Fender Bassman, Crates, Lanelys etc.

If youre buying an intermediate amp you should expect average tone and nothing more!

I'd quite happily recommend Ashdown's higher end amps or Trace Elliots or Oranges over the MAG but here, the thread starter doesnt have £1k+ does he?

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
I know that nothing great is going to come out of an intermediate amp, but it seems the Ashdown got that one bass tone and then couldn't do much more, no matter how I EQ'd it it didn't really give me anything. Maybe it was because I didn't get too much time with it, but even when I tried out my Rumble I could get better sounds than what I was getting.
The Active input recently went out on me but it's being fixed right now.

Eventually you could get a 15 to pop under it, helps a ton with your low end because those Blueline (I think that's what they're called) speakers are notoriously bright.

Aside from that, no problems and it's a great buy.
In my opinion, and I might get slated for this... but it is quite logical.

A good amp is an amp that has no real tone of its own. The amp should be an exact amplification of what sound the bass itself is making. So idealy the tone should come from the bass not the amp. I sound exactly the same through any amp I've tried, because it's my pickup configuration on the bass itself and my playing style that makes it sound like me. I use a Laney RB9 (2 of them, biamped) and I'm sure if I used a MAG series Ashdown I'd still sound exactly the same. That's the great thing about middle priced, intermediate amps. They don't overtone the bass itself with expensive sound, they amplify how the bass itself sounds.
Yeah, some people like the pure, unadulterated sound of the wood and pickups to come through. Other people like awesome EQ sections where you can change your tone completely and some people like to have those classic amp sounds but compliment your bass.

This last section of people will like amps like Trace Elliots and Ampegs. They have a classic, recognisable sound but you can still hear the jazz bass or p bass or stingray where it started.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
I've checked my stores and all I've found is the 2x10 version. It's says that it's also 300 watts but I just want to check on what other bassists think about it.
The 2x10 will deliver the same power as the 4x10 version (180W at 8ohms) but in a smaller package.

Some people like the portability of a 2x10 but others think that they project the sound too much across the floor of the stage, meaning you wont be able to hear yourself that well.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
here's my mag setup

Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
Loads of us have MAGs because they're great. I'd take the 210s over the 115 combo - I think the MAG amp works better with 10s.
Wait one question, does the 210 have the same amount of power as the 410? Or would I need an extension cab for the 210?
it's the amp that has the power. you can get a mag300 in either 210 or 410 (combo), or just the amp separately. the 300 stands for its wattage. however, out of the box it's only 180ish watts going into the 210 or 410 until you add another cab onto it, such as my 1x15.

So to answer your question, yes. the MAG C210T and the C410T have the same power, but the 410 is exceptionally louder because it's pushing 2x more air.
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
The MAG is pretty big. Its just about managable for short distances with one person so long as you lift it properly.

If you want to go up stairs, haul it up on stage, move it for long distances then its best to get two people.

And about the different speaker configs - its just preference. If you want a fuller, rounder, low end sound, go for the 1x15. If you want punchy, middy goodness, then go for either the 4x10 or the 2x10.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5