and right now I'm having a hard time concentrating on school. I'm thinking that if it's this bad this year, it's going to be really bad next year. While talking with my friend today, I realized I may have another option-early graduation.
My school requires 24 credits to graduate (.5 credits per semester, per class*6 classes per year). Freshman year I got 6 credits, last year I got 6, and this year I will have 7 more.

6+6+7=19

24-19=5

I have 5 credits left to complete. I can earn 3 credits the first semester, and do 2 credits of summer school classes this summer and hit my 24 credit goal. I would be done in January and go through the graduation ceremony in June with the rest of them. Should I go for it? Are there negatives to this that I'm not seeing, or is it the greatest plan ever?

edit: doing some research on our school system's website, I found that it does cost a pretty hefty fee for summer school. Might be worth it though, as long as they have some classes available that I haven't taken.

edit2: At the end of this year, I will have my required 4 years of English, my 3 years of social studies, more than my 2 years of sciences, and more than my 2 years of math. I have taken the required speech and health classes. I am just filling general electives now.
Last edited by PCbassist at May 11, 2008,
Definitely go for it if you don't like high school!
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Your school may have requirements such as 4 years of a subject, mine has that.
Also, if you're looking for scholarships, you won't get any in that case, according to my guidance counselor. I wish I could do that, but I think it's bad if you seek higher education.
High school is a relativly small part of your life. I think you should try and work hard for the next couple of years, it will make the rest of your life more enjoyable. Unless of course you have other things in place, an apprentiship etc.
Why not enjoy High School why you can and then go to college with the rest of your friends? Do you have urgent plans that you can't do in school?
I'm not ADD, but I do have a hard time concentrating in high school classes that I have very little interest in. It's always been a problem, but I don't like the possibility that I'm going to no have any work ethic my last semester. I don't want my grades to go down the drain, but by then I'm not sure I'm going to care that much even though I care a lot right now.

Quote by SwedishPancakes
Why not enjoy High School why you can and then go to college with the rest of your friends? Do you have urgent plans that you can't do in school?

I'm not trying to go to college early, I'm trying to have some extra time before college so I can earn some money and relax a bit without taking a whole year off before going to college.
Last edited by PCbassist at May 11, 2008,
Yeah man i'm with you. Even though im only in year 10 (Somophore?) school gives me the ****s and dropping out is looking really inviting right now. (even though i know it's a stupid idea but if i get an appreticeship as a chef, i'll do it).
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by zackR
Yeah man i'm with you. Even though im only in year 10 (Somophore?) school gives me the ****s and dropping out is looking really inviting right now. (even though i know it's a stupid idea but if i get an appreticeship as a chef, i'll do it).

Only difference is I'm not dropping out, I'd be graduating early.
Yeah i know that man but i get what you mean about it being hard to concentrate on seemingly useless crap.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Don't graduate early, you will be the one sitting at home or at a job while all your friends are at school. Senior year is so easy that you pretty much show up to hang with your friends and half ass all the classes.

I was also unmotivated my junior year, but you will be having so much fun senior year that it really doesn't matter. Our school credit system was set up the same way, senior year you only needed 4 more credits to graduate, so you just took some easy elective classes and were done at noon.

Just trust me you will have a much better year staying at school, hanging with friends, and being the big shots on campus, rather than be at home missing out on all the school's senior activities and waiting for your friends to get home.
If you've got a college in your town, see if you can take classes on campus if you've already fulfilled all your requirements for graduation. That's what I did my senior year. I basically showed up at the HS for an hour a day and the rest I was on campus or at home.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
I'm a senior next year also. Our school has some stupid rule though where you can only have one study hall a day. I didn't like many electives so I'm stuck with a bunch of core classes which suck. I have a half year study hall and unless my study hall is last period I have to stay the whole day. My brother graduated two years ago and he had four study halls and left every day around 12:30. I still think senior year will be really fun though.
I like the college idea, and I know it's available for us.

As far as study hall goes, we can't have any unless we are in special education (not like retarded, but if you have learning disabilities, which I don't).

This was just an idea, it's not a plan yet