I have never played a Triple Recto, the cleans are not bad per se, but they are not outstanding by any measure. Using your guitars volume helps.
They're just not amazing. On the +/II versions they're certainly usable for the hard rock/metal genre.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
They're just not amazing. On the +/II versions they're certainly usable for the hard rock/metal genre.

Would I be better off getting a JSX?
Grand really. Add a little chorus and who's gonna know anything when it's cranked, miced and mixed in a live show? Just dont record clean tones with it. THEN ya'll notice they're lifeless.
The JSX's cleans are a fair bit nicer than the 6505's but it's NOWHERE near as brutal in the high gain voicing department. If you're playing stuff as heavy as it gets then I guess that you're playing drop tuned tremolo picking stuff - I'd settle with the 6505, the cleans are by no means unusable.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
The JSX's cleans are a fair bit nicer than the 6505's but it's NOWHERE near as brutal in the high gain voicing department. If you're playing stuff as heavy as it gets then I guess that you're playing drop tuned tremolo picking stuff - I'd settle with the 6505, the cleans are by no means unusable.

K then the JSX is out.

Its down to
A Mesa Rectifier(a triple, dual or single, rectoverb, or trem-o-verb)
A Mesa Mark IV
A Mesa F Series
Peavey 6505/5150
5150/6505 has, by far the most gain, and the heaviest sound. As a player who goes Dream Theatre at the heaviest, I found having the gain on 6 was almost too much.

Hence, it's right for you. 6 Gain stages. 6, thats right. More gain than any recto.