At most venue gigs, is it standard of most bands to use their own heads and then use headline bands cabs?
Cos I think this is like the standard of most venue gigs (round here anyway) so it would be good if you could fill me in

Oh, and whilst I'm here can I have some little tips on how to be getting my band to sound good better live?

www.myspace.com/katesthedecoy

There's a myspace to listen to songs if that helps
Also, sorry if i have come across 'noobish'.
xx
PunkAintDead!
no usually people use only their own stuff, dont bet on other people letting you use their stuff (for them risk of some n00bs, not that you are one of course, blowing up their cabs is too big in general)

about soundin live - make sure u soundcheck properly (be nice to the mixing tech)
secondly - make sure your vocals can be heard and that your guitars dont sound too trebly (as they do at high volumes on some amps)

good luck!
every show that i've played, everyone had their own equipment. People only used someone else's equipment (which they had to personally ask to borrow) if something of theirs broke or something happened that they couldn't use their own.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
every show that i've played, everyone had their own equipment. People only used someone else's equipment (which they had to personally ask to borrow) if something of theirs broke or something happened that they couldn't use their own.

yeah same here, I always used my own equipment. We always used the band's own stuff to play. I used a JCM 800 with Avatar cab and a Fender Mustang that I modded with a humbucker/Epiphone Les Paul.

Currently, I have downgraded to a 50 watt tube combo that I mike up.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I've never heard of that. and I would never let anyone else gig with my gear unless they where my friend or it was some absolute emergency at the gig.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ahhh well the headline band (my passion) just asked if we wanted to use their cabs
but i know the guitars in my band have a picky sound so ill probs have to turn them down on the offer
cheers for the help
PunkAintDead!