So I went into GC today to test out the valvekings some more, more so to find out if I wanted 50 or 100 watts. The first thing I notice when I walk in was that it was REALLY loud in there, which was actually convenient b/c I wanted to see how loud the 100 watt needed to be to get a good tone.

I start looking for a hellraiser b/c that's the guitar I have and figured it would be best if I played through something I actually have, I can't find one anywhere. I finally see one and it's in the hands of a 10ish year old kid who's standing up with it sort of trying to hold it up inbetween his arm and body. To make it worse he was playing through the 212 that I wanted to play. So not only was this kid playing the guitar I wanted to use, he was also using the amp and he couldn't play at all but was just hitting random notes and trying to impress some girls he was with, all this while the amp is up way too high. I stay patient and figure I can cut the kid some slack seeing that he was so young.

I waited about 10 minutes while looking at some other gear, and then I hear a nasty noise and then the worst feedback I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I walk over and that same kid had DROPPED, yes dropped the hellraiser. As if that's not bad enough, the neck snapped. So after watching the whole fiasco of this kid (who was unsupervised, no parents around) getting kicked out of the store, I waited for them to bring out a new hellraiser and had my jam session and definitely decided on the 212.

Who lets these kids in without parents?
That happened once, but I intervened before any guitar was killed.

Some little girl was playing a Jackson RR3, and ragging on the trem, so I spin kicked her ass out the door, and karate chopped her parents.

The RR3 is a great guitar, which I'd probably buy if it had an original Floyd.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I wonder what they did as far as covering the guitar...I mean that $700 bucks down the drain, or however much it costs to get the thing fixed
Shame on the kid.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by zhunt1130
I wonder what they did as far as covering the guitar...I mean that $700 bucks down the drain, or however much it costs to get the thing fixed

I think there's insurance for these kinds of things, or they usually get the person who broke the guitar to pay for the damages.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Did the girls he was with laughed at him ?
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Tragic
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by zhunt1130

Most big companies have insurance, or they can just afford to write it off. $700 isn't really a lot of money to a place like guitar center.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
WOW zhunt - I can't believe that just happened to you as i figured that GC trip was your next step.

bummer.

you know, i'll come out and say it now.

1. i applaud your ability to sit there patiently at first, that must have been difficult.

2. my conclusion on GC lately is that it is like McDonalds.

Nationwide
Lower prices
suspect employees (general - not going further here)
kinda the same look, feel, taste thru-out the country

but - they must have a capital budget to write things off and keep the kids coming back like McDonaldLand (deleted amp name) - as to rope them in early so they keep coming back and spending when they get older.

Next thing you know - they will have a frickin Drive Thru and a MG Happy Meal.

(no onions please and extra napkins)

good night
;
Quote by SpellCaster
Did the girls he was with laughed at him ?

That's exactly what I want to know
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Next thing you know - they will have a frickin Drive Thru and a MG Happy Meal.

do we get some CRUSHING fries with that?
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
Quote by zhunt1130
So I went into GC today to test out the valvekings some more, more so to find out if I wanted 50 or 100 watts. The first thing I notice when I walk in was that it was REALLY loud in there, which was actually convenient b/c I wanted to see how loud the 100 watt needed to be to get a good tone.

I start looking for a hellraiser b/c that's the guitar I have and figured it would be best if I played through something I actually have, I can't find one anywhere. I finally see one and it's in the hands of a 10ish year old kid who's standing up with it sort of trying to hold it up inbetween his arm and body. To make it worse he was playing through the 212 that I wanted to play. So not only was this kid playing the guitar I wanted to use, he was also using the amp and he couldn't play at all but was just hitting random notes and trying to impress some girls he was with, all this while the amp is up way too high. I stay patient and figure I can cut the kid some slack seeing that he was so young.

I waited about 10 minutes while looking at some other gear, and then I hear a nasty noise and then the worst feedback I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I walk over and that same kid had DROPPED, yes dropped the hellraiser. As if that's not bad enough, the neck snapped. So after watching the whole fiasco of this kid (who was unsupervised, no parents around) getting kicked out of the store, I waited for them to bring out a new hellraiser and had my jam session and definitely decided on the 212.

Who lets these kids in without parents?

Shame on you, i have cousin's that are 10 and go to guitar store's by them selves and they are really polite when they want to play something and everyone in the store know's him lol.

It's just some kid's...

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by zhunt1130

I think guitar center only pays about 200-250 for them
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Platinum Pro
damn!! thats an expensive guitar man! man i bet he got his ass fussed at when he got home haha dumbass kids

Yea no kidding...I'm just glad it wasn't mine