Played a Gibson Faded Double Cutaway (the one with the P90s) down in denmark street (london) yesterday. Was awesum guitar.

I guy set me up through a Peavey Classic 30! It was really nice! And for the price a snatch compared to its rival the Orange Rocker 30.

Atm im striking a deal with my local music shop for Orange Rocker 30 Head and 1x12 cab for £700. But For that money i could get a Peavey 50watt 2x12!

Just checking that oranges are worth the extra money though yea?
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
if I'm guessing you're wanting to use the Gibson for cleans, then yes, I would say so - However, if you;re looking to use a bit of extra muscle, go with the Peavey. Main reason why peaveys are so cheap is because all their lines are made in China, as opposed to oranges' been all U.K made. Slave Labour discount for you
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Yea i was playing a bit of muse through it and it did have a really nice fuzzy gain at certain stages. And it also has post control! So you can keep the gain channel down! So you dont get that annoying volume change when you go from Clean to Dirty!
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Well, you definitely want the Orange, because it is far superior, especially for the things you will be using it for. No doubt, the Clasic 30 is a great amp, but, having played both, I am currently an Orange addict and the Rocker 30 is an amazing amp.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Korzack
Main reason why peaveys are so cheap is because all their lines are made in China, as opposed to oranges' been all U.K made. Slave Labour discount for you

FAIL!

The vast majority of Peaveys are made in the USA, including the Classic series. The only Peaveys made in China are their Valvekings. Likewise, the Orange Tiny Terror is also built in China.

Not that I feel where an amp is built should play to large a role in your decision to buy it. My Vox AC30 was built in China, and I love the thing! I'm very happy with it's construction, and had a tech go over it and tell me the same thing.

If you're getting a deal on the C30, and really love the amp, by all means go for it. I have one, and like it a lot. However, I think the Orange Rocker with a 1x12 cab is worth a lot more than a Peavey Classic 50. So if you can get them for that price, that's the direction I'd go.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
FAIL!

The vast majority of Peaveys are made in the USA, including the Classic series. The only Peaveys made in China are their Valvekings. Likewise, the Orange Tiny Terror is also built in China.

Not that I feel where an amp is built should play to large a role in your decision to buy it. My Vox AC30 was built in China, and I love the thing! I'm very happy with it's construction, and had a tech go over it and tell me the same thing.

If you're getting a deal on the C30, and really love the amp, by all means go for it. I have one, and like it a lot. However, I think the Orange Rocker with a 1x12 cab is worth a lot more than a Peavey Classic 50. So if you can get them for that price, that's the direction I'd go.

I think the better Peavey lines such as the 6505 etc: are made in the USA. Unfortunately probably from Chinese made electronics. Oh well.
Orange make high end quality valve amps period. Their valve range are fantastic and the Rockerverb series are a lot more versatile than most would think, covering everything from classic rock to high gain metal.

i always think Peavey look cheaply made, and from experience they are always the amps studios/practice rooms are flooded with and none of them ever work, so i question their reliability !

p.s. the Tiny Terror series are made in Korea
Quote by scott316
i always think Peavey look cheaply made, and from experience they are always the amps studios/practice rooms are flooded with and none of them ever work, so i question their reliability !

p.s. the Tiny Terror series are made in Korea

Peaveys are solidly built.

TT's were built in Korea, now they're made in China.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
damn man, its as if anything that was built in Korea is now being built in China ! must be cheaper again !

i've been looking for a new high gain amp, budget of probs £1000, my tendencies lie toward a Marshall JVM, JCM800 (re-issue or a KK). I'd love a Bogner or a Mesa but just too expensive in UK, and i love the metal tone i get out of a Marshall using my Tubescreamer anyway. I like Orange amps but i can get that quality with Marshall, and get a JVM combo for £700 or a half stack with a 4x12 cab for my budget, which is ultimately what i'm after.

Anyone have any opinions on JVM, JCM800 ??
Quote by slatsmania
FAIL!

The vast majority of Peaveys are made in the USA.

Yeah I was about to say..lol