So yup it this school looks good and all
but is there anyone on UG that actually is or been there to study?
if so, how is it?
the teaching, enviroment, so on.

and another question.
what requirements do you have to have to possibly get a scholarship in music colleges?

thanks!
I haven't really heard much about this school, so I can't really comment on it per-say.

However, do consider looking into other schools too, such as Temple University, Berklee, Juliard, etc.

You never know where you'll end up, and it's good to have options. To me, in my biased, uninformed opinion, MIT looks more or less like a school that's just hyped up because they have teachers like Gilbert and such.

But again, I've never really heard much about it.
Quote by superfaligous
So yup it this school looks good and all
but is there anyone on UG that actually is or been there to study?
if so, how is it?
the teaching, enviroment, so on.

and another question.
what requirements do you have to have to possibly get a scholarship in music colleges?

thanks!

I went there. I didnt care for it. There are some good players there for sure, but I feel the education I got at a University was far better. Actually I learned alot more at my local community college than I did at GIT.

If your serious about becoming a musician. I would highly recommend avoiding MI, or any similarly gimmicky institute. Your much better of with a real degree from a real college or university. The MI "certificate" will get you nowhere professionally.

When I was at GIT looking through ads for bands, it was VERY common to see things like this: "band looking for guitarist, NO GIT!!!" that should tell you something right there.

Instead of going to a "music" college, I would recommend studying music at a real college that happens to have a good music program. That way you get a more well rounded education, and a degree thats worth something.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 11, 2008,
90% of mi kids are clueless

i lived there for a year and found out the hard way

lived next to a few students there(hollywood)
berklee is expensive but youll get out what you put in

many a plyer are drafted out into bands before graduation as well.
(the kids that practice 8 hours day)