Theres some a mywebsearch toolbar that just came onto firefox.
It has links to Smiley Central,Cursor Mania etc.
I have no idea how it got there and can't take it off.
Also,will it do any harm to my computer?
Yeah it could do, and I'd be incredibly wary of that sort of thing because it could be spyware. Whatever you do, don't click on anything! Go to: Tools -> Add-ons and see if the toolbar shows up there in the extensions tab. If it does, there should be an option to uninstall it. Or, try Tools -> Options, and go through the tabs looking for anything relating to toolbars.

If that doesn't work, head over to your Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs. See if you can find the toolbar in the list, and remove it that way. If it doesn't show up there, check the programs list from your start menu. It might be there, and if so, it should have an uninstaller.

If it doesn't, try examining the actual toolbar for options to remove it.
A U S S I E
Quote by Jcore44
Yeah it could do, and I'd be incredibly wary of that sort of thing because it could be spyware. Whatever you do, don't click on anything! Go to: Tools -> Add-ons and see if the toolbar shows up there in the extensions tab. If it does, there should be an option to uninstall it. Or, try Tools -> Options, and go through the tabs looking for anything relating to toolbars.

If that doesn't work, head over to your Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs. See if you can find the toolbar in the list, and remove it that way. If it doesn't show up there, check the programs list from your start menu. It might be there, and if so, it should have an uninstaller.

If it doesn't, try examining the actual toolbar for options to remove it.

no need to panic, its only an update. it will not do any damage.
Quote by stella the fell
no need to panic, its only an update. it will not do any damage.

Smiley Central? Cursor Mania? That's no update. It's obviously a 3rd party program, and if I found that crap on my browser I'd freak out and get rid of it ASAP.
A U S S I E
I would reinstall...I did once when Firefox slowed down on me
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
update my anus.

its spyware.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Tools > Addons
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Not really. This is what sucks about programs like this; You have no idea where they came from and they're so goddamn hard to get rid of. At this risk of being banned, head over to http://www.pcmech.com and ask the kind people on those forums.
A U S S I E