alright guys im repainting my 'Shine Sharkfin V' and have come across a slight problemo.
where the bridge ataches to the guitar there are metal things that hold in into the guitar. They go right down but theres nothing on the back and no way of getting to them from behind. Does anyones know how i can get them out? or am i gonna have to sand/paint round them, cos that would suck.

thats them :/

and thats them a little closer. nice.

yeah help me get rid of them plz
i think they unscrew the opisite direction to normal or you pull them out maybe?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I usually screw the tailpiece stud into them and pull them out with a claw hammer.
I personally wouldn't try to get them out, I think they are screwed in and would be hard to get them back in again if you mess up taking them out.

See about how you can cover them while painting rather than getting rid of them.

Edit: my concern would be when taking them out you damage the body and when put back in they would be as secure
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Stewey
I usually screw the tailpiece stud into them and pull them out with a claw hammer.

ill try that now cheers

didnt work.
am i gonna have to leave them in there
Last edited by guitar_mad_ali at May 11, 2008,
Quote by Stewey

+1

TOM bridge and tailpiece bushings are just hammered into the body, so they can pull straight out.

Look:

mintsauce mine are sorta different to that they are more screw like and i think they are screwed into the guitar :/
i think im prbly just gonna paint over them
They are usually pressed in pretty tight and not easy to get out. And theres always the potential to screw up the holes they are pressed into which would make it hard to put em back in. I just painted over em. Its not hard to scrape paint of of em. Or us soemthing like wax that will come right off after painting and take the paint with it.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its not hard to scrape paint of of em. Or us soemthing like wax that will come right off after painting and take the paint with it.

Best solution IMO, though I'd plug the hole with a wad of tissue or something first. Trying to force them out could screw up the wood around the hole, or damage the surface of the guitar (thinking dents and so on) or damage the stud, so unless you need to change them, you'd be just as well leaving them in.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate