I just saw Panic at the Disco last night, and they were incredible! I'll go into detail so I don't sound like a fanboy:

Now I own both of Panic's albums. IMO they're good and they keep me listening. Now don't get me wrong, they're not my favorite band, but the talent is there. So I saw them live in Wallingford, CT. I went primarily to see Motion City Soundtrack because they're my favorite band, but I stuck around for Panic as well. And I was blown away! Anybody who's heard their studio work knows it's overproduced. I don't mind; I think a recorded work should sound as good as possible. But live it was stripped down without ruining any elements of the songs. And here's the interesting part: all of their old songs were played completely differently! Different key, different arrangements, extra guitar solos.. you name it. They were genuinely talented: they played bar chords, 7th chords, they knew their way around the fretboard, there was even a song where the lead singer (who played guitar throughout unlike the last tour) and bassist switched instruments. And for any bassists out there, the lines weren't root note parts; that was mostly because of their old bassist who recorded the first album. Obviously they weren't amazing at guitar, but I'm simply making the point that they don't just play powerchords all the time. This band is just a bunch of guys with talent who caught a good break.

And it gets better: no eyeliner! That is, not on the band. The 11 year old girls were all there, but at least they were out of the pit once we moshed the crap out of them during MCS's set

Discuss?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
In other words, you previously posted this thread in the most incorrect forum available on the site, and got complained about?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Basically, but it was more of an experiment anyway. I didn't mind all that much.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
you got owned.

and now my meaningful opinion.

I agree. I'm really excited to see them live after watching their aol sessions. they sound awesome now. but " they played bar chords, 7th chords" is a horrible explaination of how they knew their way around the fretboard.....

Edit: and PATD thread please...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
And yet again you post it in the wrong place.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?